What's your healthy breakfast of choice & workout?

Options
Most breakfasts I have an egg white omelette that contains 2 egg whites, some diced tomatoes (Del monte), and 2 medium slices of turkey bacon. All of that together equals out to about 210 calories. Or, I just have a small bowl of Fiber cereal.

For my morning work out, I pop in the Insanity DVD and do my daily 30-40 minute insanity work out, then after an hour of rest, I turn my Xbox on and turn on UFC Trainer for the Kinect. It's a decent work out and teaches you some moves.

I'm just curious. what are your breakfasts, and daily workouts?

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My daily breakfast is usually three scrambled eggs on wholmeal toast and some kind of fruit, although recently I have been having the eggs, bacon and tomato - but no toast.

My daily workout is farming, but I do go to the gym three times a week.
  • maryloucash1961
    Options
    Im up at 445 a.m. to work by 6. so my breakfast at that time is coffee and toast.. but at first break I do have oatmeal or a Jimmy Dean lite breakfast snadwhich.. My workout is Jazzercise 4- 5 days a week medium to low impact on some moves (back injury).. I really love the fast pace to keep from bordom
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It depends. When I am on top of things my favorite breakfast is a smoothie made from protein powder, swansons green max powder, dark cocoa powder, chia seeds (for non Dr Oz reasons) and cinnamon.

Then if I am in a warrior mood I will do a Power 90 Master series DVD. (today is plyo legs). If I need to put myself in a better mood it will be Zumba and yoga.

For lunch I like egg omelets. Usually with lots of spinach.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    PopTarts and Whey Protein.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Pop Tarts.

Then lift heavy things and put them down again.
  • coreymoore1990
    Options
    Pop tarts. Very nice choice! As for the lifting heavy things and putting them back down, might I suggest a boulder? If you can find one that is a replica of the boulder in an Indiana Jones film, that would be perfect. However, a simple boulder should suffice.
  • Unodragone
    Options
    I try to switch up breakfast to keep my body guessing what I am putting in it next as well as to not fall back into bad eating habits (donuts and muffins....sigh). But usually I will have a yogurt topped with a granola bar and banana or any piece of fruit really as well as my morning coffee.....girls' gotta have a vice and at least I have cut off adding sugar to it :tongue: . My favorite work out is hiking through 99 acres of woods with my fat *kitten* mutt, he pushes me to keep moving as well as to enjoy the little things :happy: I work for the shipment/receiving division of my company so I am always running around but while I await for an elevator to arrive or just randomly I will do some calf raises as well as windmills for my arms. I like to keep it sporadic and just do a little exercise in whatever free time I have to keep the midget blood pumping.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    My favorite 2 pieces of wheat bread , with a medium banana sliced up on top, and 2 spoons of peanut butter to top it off*toasted*. Favorite workout at the moment is my shoulder and bicep workout - I Love over head press.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    2 Scrambled eggs with either salmon or cotage cheese stirred in. An extra egg and baked beans added if I have a big day in the hills planned.
  • ScottishGirlT
    Options
    I typically have a bowl of Bran Flakes with some raisins & semi-skimmed milk, or a bowl of porridge with some strawberries or something in it... Today however I had a latte, oops!

For workouts I normally do nothing, unless I go for a walk... I'm going to start doing yoga 6 mornings a week though (ordered a dvd to do at home until I'm able to get back into the gym - term time) to get my day started!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with either sausage or bacon and some toast with jelly. Oh, and coffee, of course.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts.

Then lift heavy things and put them down again.

No meat?
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Do they still make pop tarts?

I remember them "arriving" over here - I believe lots of idiots burned themselves on hot jam and then we stopped eating them because we realised they taste like sugared cardboard.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I usually eat either egg substitute or whole eggs, toast, sausage and coffee. I'll add some yogurt and fruit with a shake when I finish at the gym. I either run, weight train or do both depending on the day.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    oo you haven't heard. people on mfp love pop tarts and ice cream. ... pop tarts suck, but Ben and Jerry are my best friends ;-)
  • tonicook890
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 cup of egg whites with 1 cup spinage, 1 cup mushrooms, and 2 slices of purple onion! Veggies sauteed with 1/2 teaspoon of light olive oil mixed into the egg whites, so good!! 166 calories

My workout plan is 75 jumping jacks 35 crunches 25 pushups 30 mountain climbers and 30 second plank! makes my stomach muscles burn and kick starts my morning energy!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If it's a work day, I usually have an apple and greek yogurt (Fage 0%) with a dollop of some kind of organic jam.

If it's a weekend and I'm up early, there's nothing better than poached eggs on wheat toast.

I need to get back on the workout train :-(
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Typical:

Banana
    90 minutes of cardio and weights
    Protein shake
    Hard boiled eggs. Sometimes whole, sometimes whites alone.

Today there was a lovely grilled chicken breast leftover that replaced the eggs.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll have about 4-7 whole eggs and then work out an hour later. Some old fashion weight lifting.
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    Usually i have no time for breakfast i drink a EA Carb Avtg Shake on my way to work or Oatmeal once im at work. I have been down with my back past couple of weeks so for now my workout is walking around a 93000sqft store as much as possible. Planning on starting p90 back next week. Sunday morning is splurge day eggs, bacon and double fiber whole wheat toast