Sports bras!

Options

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    shock absorber- i swear by them.i play a lot of sports, and they are amazing.
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Not even that "well-endowed" and I like to wear a regular bra, sports bra, and fitted singlet over the top of all that! hahaha

I feel like next time I buy a sports bra I might get a smaller size than normal...they seem to stretch as you wear them and get less supportive throughout the workout :/

Maybe try something with cross over straps (more support than normal straps) and a bit of padding. Or you know what.. you might have to do what some of my friends do and wear two!
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Shock absorber!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort for sure. The Fiona model is amazing! Worth every cent.

Ditto! Also, if you have a Fleet Feet store or other high-end sports/yoga clothing store in your area, have them fit you properly!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    http://www.lanebryant.com/sport-by-cacique-convertible-underwire-sport-bra/p127197/index.pro?selectedColor=None selected&selectedSize=None selected

I just got 4 of those (because they are buy 2 get 2 free right now!) and they are AMAZING! I'm currently a 40DD and these babies hold those puppies in place and are extremely comfortable. I honestly didn't think that sports bras could be comfortable and I didn't think there was anything out there that could support my chest that well. I highly recommend them!
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can get it but Boobydoo is a good website - I use level 4 shock absorbers (and do not need to use a second sports bra with it) that was as an EE cup and although I am back to a C now, I still use the same brand.
  • mklassy123
    Options
    Might I also suggest getting professionally measured is key as well. Most of us aren't wearing the correct size bra and that could have a lot to do with it. That being said, I so appreciate the suggestions on here as I have yet to find a sports bra that I really love. I had one that I felt like I had to be a contortionist to get in and out of it, especially out of it. I had to rip it after my first use because I was stuck. For that reason I need to go in person to see the bras as opposed to ordering online. Once I find a great one, then I can order online. Most places that professionally measure you will charge, but then you get the money back in purchase (which is usually more expensive than some other places, but oh so worth it).
  • shelly7904
    shelly7904 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Under Armour Endure with the zipper. It's a little pricey ($50) but with the zipper it's easy to get on/off. I have found that the older the bra is (over a year) the zipper might fail- which made for a pretty embarrassing run to the bathroom during a step class. However, I've also head that sports bra's should not have birthdays, so I probably should not have been wearing it in the first place. I use it for high intensity workouts (running, bootcamp, step, etc). I am a 38D and have the large D size. It can be found at ****s and sports authority.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog post on this topic, have a read!

Right now I use the Freya Sport (I run marathons and it keeps my 32Gs under control) but if you want maximum compression the Enell Sports bras are good.

Sports bras are an investment, save up and buy a good one!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    The Panache sports bra is amazing. I believe they go up to an F cup. I also love Moving Comfort bras. The Fiona is my favorite but they have a few different styles. My girls do not move at all. Of course, all these bras are $50+, but you're not going to get that kind of support with a cheaper bra. Go with an encapsulation bra for the best support and to avoid the uniboob look. I can't stand traditional compression bras.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I too like the Champion one. It has an actual cup - also, I've gotten one at d i c k 's Sporting Goods (this website deleted the word d i c k when the letters were all together - that is hilarious!) that was sold in actual cup sizes (how awesome is that!). The no cup ones makes the girls angry, and since all the other body parts are being cranky when I exercise anyway, I just don't need the added pressure of angry girls too :-)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Under Armour. Specifically the ones made for high impact (or however they phrase it on the tags.)
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber sports bras are awesome! I'm a 36G (Uk sizing) and this brand seems to have been the only ones I can safely run in withiut smacking myself in the face!
  • hpeful25
    hpeful25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 40 DD, I purchased a moving comfort Fiona sports bra ( they have velcro adjustable straps, and no wire) and it has held me up for the past 2 years! One of my best purchases yet. I bought it on Amazon.com for $25.
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    Victoria's Secret VSX collection is amazing. I'm a DD so I know how you feel, with any other sports bra i have to wear my regular bra underneath. They are kind of pricey for a sports bra, but worth it.
  • bookangel89
    bookangel89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DDD and I wear the cotton no wire bra from Lane Bryant:

http://www.lanebryant.com/cotton-no-wire-bra/p31347/index.pro?selectedColor=None selected&selectedSize=None selected

They do a great job if I am doing my spin class or light physical activity. If I know I am running or dancing in Zumba, I put a regular sports bra from Walmart over it and I am good to go! I get a little bit of a uniboob but I don't really care about that personally, I know the girls aren't going anywhere.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Enell sports bra. Google it. U will never look back
  • Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i wear a ''shock absorber'' bra which i got in the sale for about £15 :) works a treat
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    I am the same and find Shock Absorber to be the best! There is still some jiggle on the treadmill but gone are the days of almost knocking myself out with my boobies.