Losing weight too quickly?

Options
Hi all!
I know this is kind of a dumb question, but what is your opinion on losing weight pretty quickly? On Friday I weighed in at 159, and today I weighed in at 156. (I weigh in everyday and it's been getting progressively lower). Obviously I'm psyched about the weight loss, but is it coming on too quickly? I'm not super heavy and I was at this weight before and it never came off this quick. My concern is that maybe I'm not eating enough and I'm going to hurt my metabolism or something. I'm netting around 1570 calories a day. Thoughts?? Thanks!

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? In the beginning it comes off fairly quickly.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It wont come off in a nice straight line. Your net calories seem fine. I'd keep on doing what your doing for another week or 2 and then reassess.
  • celestinha
    celestinha Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? In the beginning it comes off fairly quickly.

On and off for almost 2 years, I just made a new MFP account because I hit a plateau for about 8 months before and got frustrated :P
  • celestinha
    celestinha Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It wont come off in a nice straight line. Your net calories seem fine. I'd keep on doing what your doing for another week or 2 and then reassess.

This is true.. I guess I'm just afraid of overdoing it because I feel like every time I read the boards people are like ERMAGERD YOU'RE NOT EATING ENOUGH. Not to me, but just in general. And it had me a bit worried :tongue:
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that if you're not eating enough, you won't see any loss at all. It has to do with the body thinking that there's a famine when you are really into the low calories, so it stores fat instead of burning it.

If you've started a new workout schedule/exercises, that could do it.

Keep doing whatever you are doing. It's working!