Exercise for small apartment

Options
I live in a small apartment, and I'm looking for exercises I can do with little to no equipment. My biggest worry is bouncing around so much that the people below me will hate me. Any ideas?

Replies

• ton40orbust
    Options
    wall squats. you could also run up and down the stairs in your apartment. zumba or taebo tapes?
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    solid daily circuit
    100 pushups
    100 situps
    100 body squats

start with pushups do them til you fail then same with situps then same with body squats and keep that circuit going until you reach 100 each
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also try Leslie Sansone on you tube. She does walking exercises so you won't have to worry about noise
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    amazing website & it's FREE!
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/
  • ccrane96
    Options
    My first day with MFP! I also just purchased the Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home Walk Slim video, I did the 1 mile today, it has up to 5 miles on it, includes warm up, cool down and stretching. Very easy to keep up with, without jumping. Good Workout! Target, around $12.00
  • 0target0
    Options
    Hey,

I just started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and the only equipment you need are a pair of hand weights (but I'm pretty sure you can just substitute bottles of water or something if you don't have those) I have a small apartment and I'm able to do it just fine.

Also, any body weight circuit workouts are fairly easy to do in a small space. One that I used to do before was:
    20 body squats
    10 pushups
    20 dumbbell rows
    15 second plank
    30 jumping jacks
    (go through it three times)
    Then, when that became a little too easy, I just added 5 more reps to each exercise.

Anyway, hope that helps :)
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I live in a small apartment, and I'm looking for exercises I can do with little to no equipment. My biggest worry is bouncing around so much that the people below me will hate me. Any ideas?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/23/batman-bodyweight-workout/

Lots of good exercises here up to very high resistance, requiring no more equipment than a doorway pullup bar.