Non-scale successes!

Options
Here's to celebrating non-scale successes everyone!

If the scale is not moving as fast as we'd like, we can still choose to focus on the positive.
For example...

- I can tie my shoes now without turning red in the face :blushing:

- I can make it through Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred without hyperventilating or passing out :happy:

- I'm making better choices, and feeling stronger and more focused everyday!

What non-scale successes can you celebrate today?

Replies

• mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    More energy and just feel better.
  • itsfitnessnotrocketscience
    Options
    I saw my calf muscles in the mirror in a boxing class and thought... Damn! NSV!
  • MsPrettyAmazing
    MsPrettyAmazing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Being dedicated to changing my way of eating and sticking with it. Along with giving my all at the gym at least 5 times a week!
  • ThinVee
    ThinVee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone! It's those small milestones that keep us motivated and inspire others. :happy:
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a much easier time getting out of bed and getting moving in the morning.
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How much extra room there is in my desk chair, haha!

And when crossing my legs, the crossed leg seems to be hanging closer to me than higher up in the air...does that make sense to anyone?

Awesome feeling!!
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Starting to see muscles in places I haven't seen them in, in many years. Being able to take two Zumba classes back to back and not passing out. Seeing my daughter proud of her mommy.

And having someone I don't know waiting for me after a workout just to ask my name..... Kinda cool.
  • ThinVee
    Options
    How much extra room there is in my desk chair, haha!

And when crossing my legs, the crossed leg seems to be hanging closer to me than higher up in the air...does that make sense to anyone?

Awesome feeling!!

YES! It makes perfect sense!
  • ThinVee
    Options
    Starting to see muscles in places I haven't seen them in, in many years. Being able to take two Zumba classes back to back and not passing out. Seeing my daughter proud of her mommy.

And having someone I don't know waiting for me after a workout just to ask my name..... Kinda cool.

Back to back Zumba - now that is motivating!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My face doesn't turn bright red anymore when I work out. Also, I don't sweat and wheeze nearly as much.

My nose still runs, though. Bleh.
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1. I ran for 20 minutes straight the other day (haven't been able to do that in years!!)
    2. I got my booty out of bed at 5:00am to go to a spin class!
    3. I'm wearing jeans I couldn't fit into for 2 years!
  • Cassiopeia5
    Cassiopeia5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Noticing how my fitness is improving. Back when I started running, I was out of breath in about a minute. Now, I can run for an hour and feel good while doing it.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I just noticed today....no muffin top of any kind in my size 1 jeans! *fist pump*
  • rustyroof
    Options
    Sleeping like a baby and waking up fresh, love it :))
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Had to buy new shoes and realized it's been way longer than usual for me to wear out my shoes.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    1. JM30DS Day 4
    2. Bathing Suit Size 14
    3. Broke the 200s
    4. Positive outlook on life. Life is good!!
    5. Can wear my sexy tall boots!! Zips up without a hitch!
  • EgMay
    EgMay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    - Wore pants from 2 years ago; they felt looser
    - My mother asked me this morning if I had lost weight (I hadn't, I was just toned haha)
  • randilious
    Options
    Being square again!!!! ( 30 inch waist 30 inch inseam) have not been there since I was 22, and I will be 42 in 3 months!!!! holy crap that is 20 years, wow!
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    body feels a lot tighter
    noticed toning in the backs of my legs :)
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Where to begin? 80 lbs down, the NSVs are huge for me and are my motivation to keep going. Can wear jeans from 13 yrs ago before I had my first child. I can see my collarbones again. I can run for five miles and it's easy. Before I couldn't run at all not even one single minute. I can see definition in my arms and stomach starting to show. People tell me I look like I'm in college, and I'm 36. I can sit in my husband's lap and feel small and not like I'm going to suffocate him. People I know casually (haven't seen in months) don't recognize me on sight due to the weight loss. I can wear a size MEDIUM. I no longer avoid hikes or lots of stairs or long walks like I used to---in fact I look for opportunities to take them. My shoe size has even gone down a size. I never knew I had fat in my feet. My wedding rings now fit again, and my ring size is down three sizes from where it was when I was obese. The one NSV that stands out the most though was about 3 months ago when my little daughter told me, "Mama you're not fat anymore!"