looking for support from other working moms

Options
I’m a 28 year old working mom. I have a 3 ½ & an almost 1 year old. I’m looking for other moms like me who are trying to do it all; raise kids, work full time & be a wife. I am looking for people who want to help, encourage & inspire each other along the way.

Replies

• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am a working mom with 2 busy little men (5 and 7). It is hard, but we can do it !
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Working mum to a four year old daughter and wife to a much-ignored husband. It's sooooo tough!
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm a 33 year old full time working mom of two girls, 3 1/2 and 2 (March).
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the balancing act myself.

Full time employment (M-F, office hours)
    Mommy to 2; 6 year old girl, 4 year old boy
    Wife (it will be 10 years this year!)

Plus, I still find the time to cook all our meals, take care of the house (and the dog), get the kids to their activites, get to my choir commitments, and do my daily workouts.

I like to encourage, and be encouraged, but I also don't hesitate to let you know that you might want to rethink something food/exercise/calorie wise. I'm not mean about it, just honest...some people don't want that.
  • Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im a mother of 2 children age 5 and 1(Both Girls) Working full time and being responsible for Everything! My husband also works full time and just went back to school which takes away any free time he has to help.
    But it only makes us Stronger so lets do this!!!!
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options

Plus, I still find the time to cook all our meals, take care of the house (and the dog), get the kids to their activites, get to my choir commitments, and do my daily workouts.

I like to encourage, and be encouraged, but I also don't hesitate to let you know that you might want to rethink something food/exercise/calorie wise. I'm not mean about it, just honest...some people don't want that.

Are you me? Same here just different aged children.

My friends call me supermom or wonderwoman...I do it all but I also have a serious social side
  • oddberry
    Options
    Mom, wife, boss, student...I know all too well the busy tasks of life. Feel free to add me. We will do this!!!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a full time working Mom (My SO stays home with our kids age 3 and 8 months.) Feel free to add me. I work out mostly when the kids are in bed :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options

Are you me? Same here just different aged children.

My friends call me supermom or wonderwoman...I do it all but I also have a serious social side

Funny - I get called superwoman too. Up until last year I was also doing some continuing ed courses, but decided to let those go because I just couldn't cope.

I love to socialize when we get the chance, it isn't as often as it used to be, but when it happens it is great!
  • oddberry
    Options
    Congrats to you on your up-and-coming 10 yr anniversary. My husband and I just celebrated 14yrs this past Monday after dating only 3 weeks. Sometimes ya just know!! It doesn't feel like 14 years to me or him...how about you and yours?? :0)
  • Kristi336
    Kristi336 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been tracking on MFP for a few weeks but I've just decided to start getting involved in the groups/community, so as of right now I have 0 friends. So please add me!

I work full-time, have a 3 year old, and am almost finished with my MBA (one more class this semester!!!). My huband and I have decided to try for another baby this year, probably in a couple of months when I am close to finishing my degree. I would love to lose some weight and get healthier for that, so that's my short term goal. Long term I need to lose about 30-40 pounds. Probably more depending on the changes another pregnancy might have on my body.

I am doing ok with the eating part (need to be much more careful about night time snacking, but it's a work in progress!) My problem is fitting in exercise. My husband works nights a lot so I'm alone with my daughter and that makes distracting her for 30-45 minutes so I can exercise very difficult but i'm working on that too. I can't wait until the weather is nicer so i can at least take walks during lunch and after dinner with my daughter!!
  • JennInMA
    JennInMA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm a working mom (4 year old and 1 year old) who juggles the balls of life, home, work and fitness! i'm happy to share some motivation along the way!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (OP or anyone else). I work a full time desk job at a university (regular business hours) and have a 2nd grader and 3rd grader. Been married 15 years and hubby is a full time student and works part time. I cook most of our meals for the week on Sundays. I'm very familiar with the juggling/balancing act with work, kids, home, life and fitness as well!
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm 36, married, and have two daughters - 5 and 8. I work full time at a desk job. Being sedentary all day is so hard. It drains me and I'm tempted to snack all day long to stay awake. I wake up at 4:45 every morning to work out and have been using MFP somewhat consistently since right before Christmas.

It's a tough job balancing it all, but we can do it!
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, too. I'm a working mom who runs my own full-time web design business from my home/office. Work at a desk pretty much from 9-6 every day, with a bunch of meetings and running the kids around in between. My kids are 9 and 12
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I work full time and have two sons one 6 the other almost 5. Plus am married to an over-the-road trucker so basically its me and my kids for long stretches of time. I love the encouragment on here and am striving to make changes that will also beneift my kids.
  • MonicaRoxxs
    MonicaRoxxs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Working Full Time Single MoM right here!! It can definitely be hard but we're super moms so we can do it!
  • Cynderelli76
    Cynderelli76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am 36 and have a 51/2 and 21/2 year old and a travelling husband.
  • labrmom
    Options
    You can add me too. Full time working mom of a 10 & 13 yr old plus a long commute each day. We are in this together !!:wink:
  • twinsmom1
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 boys, 11 year old twins working full time as well. I work out at 5:00am and then get home, shower and get the boys up for the day.... Add I need support as well, so anyone wanting to add me would be great.