silly weigh-in question...

Ok, I know some people are weighing in once a week. However, I must be the ODD one. It seems to me that I see weight loss every 9 days. It seems sooooo random. Is there anyone else out there who seems to be experiencing the same/similiar???

Replies

• kateyharris9998
    kateyharris9998 Posts: 8 Member
    I weigh in every other week. Since I only loose around a pound a week, every two weeks actually looks better on the scale.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    I weigh daily, log weekly.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    My weight varies so much from day to day that I only record the drops.
  • i weigh in every other day and some times theres no change for a while like a few days but keep it up as long as the scale is moving!!!!!
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Well, a lb is every 3500 calorie deficit. So, if you're making that deficit every 9 days then that'd be when you'd see that lb lost.

I weigh daily, several times daily even just because I like to get an idea of my normal weight fluctuations and that way I don't feel so much pressure on my official "weigh in" day. I log it whenever I've been consistent for a day or two at a loss.
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    I weigh 2-3 times a week..... have stayed the same so far...
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    I weigh myself pretty much every day, but only log a loss.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    I weigh myself each morning, but only log the losses on mfp. My "official weigh-in" day is on Friday, and I keep track via a spreadsheet (how many lost each Friday, % of weight loss, how many calories I burned via exercise, etc). I tend to fluctuate a few pounds Saturday - Wednesday, and then drop on Thursday and again on Friday, then stay the same again for another 5ish days. It's weird. But I also do my biggest workouts on the weekend (long runs), and eat more calories those days, as well as eating restaurant food Friday and Saturday nights, so the sodium and extra calories is probably why it takes my scale until Thursday to see the results. This morning I was 0.4 over my weigh-in last Friday, so I expect to likely see a loss on the scale tomorrow, on Thursday, just as my pattern has been going.
  • I weigh in everyday and log everyday. You have to accept normal fluctuations to be able to do that. (Salty dinner? "Gain" 2 lbs.)

Maybe it's just the engineer in me but I love all the data and seeing when changes happen/don't.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    I weigh myself everyday just because I want too. I record my weight after I noticed that a weight drop stayed the same for at least two days even if I just recorded myself 4 days ago at a little bit higher weight.
  • voicebytina1
    voicebytina1 Posts: 4 Member
    I weigh once a week at the same time and I have seen drops everytime. I just started using MFP and in my week here I dropped 7 pounds. No diet pills etc. I dropped 5 the week before that and 15 during Thanksgiving and Christmas!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    thanks everyone!! I was just curious to see if everyone looses each week (every 7 days) I know it will flucuate depending on what you eat etc. i guess I'm a little different and mine is every 9 days. Great work everyone, keep it up!!!!! :)