"Shredded Turkey" - A slowcooker experiment

Options
warriorprincessdi
warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
I posted this recipe in a challenge group I am in; but thought I would share it with the masses. Get creative in the kitchen, people! It can be fun and turn out some delicious results! :)

"Shredded Turkey"

1/3 c Old El Paso Salsa - Medium
1 can Alymer - Chili Seasonings Stewed Tomatoes
Knorr - Oxo Chicken Bouillon, 1 sachet
2 Boneless, Skinless Turkey Breasts
1 small onion - chopped
1/3 c water
(I added some garlic powder, chili powder, a dash of italian seasoning and some black pepper as well)

Put it all in the slowcooker and forget about it for the day... (Mine was in for about 7 hours on low; the salsa was an after-thought; there was some leftover in the fridge so in it went as well haha) then shred the turkey like you would pulled pork. I served mine on top of rice with a salad on the side, but it would make great taco filling, add beans, mushrooms and peppers and a bit more water to have it as 'chili'.... Lots of options, I will be experimenting with this again!
Split into 4 servings; nutrition is as follows: (taken from MFP recipe calculator, does not include the rice I put it on)

Calories - 192; Carbs - 16; Fat - 1 Protein - 27; Fiber - 2; Sodium - 1231

Replies

• BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! This looks good!
    I am always looking for slowcooker recipies that are healthy! :)
    Thanks for your post!!!
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    It was good - I am turning it into chili next time!!!
  • JucyJ40
    JucyJ40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds scrumptious! thats whats for dinner this weekend :laugh:
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    ...For added 'kick'... I put some sriracha on my rice before I topped it with the turkey. What can I say? that little rooster makes damn good sauce hahaha