So the scale is not moving!!!

Options
I am making it a point to weigh myself once a week on Saturdays. My weight this morning was the same (125.5). I feel lighter though, and I thought for sure I had dropped some weight. Here is my typical day:
• Breakfast- Usually between 250-300 calories
• Lunch – 500-550 calories
• Dinner – 600-700 calories
• Exercise – Weekly calories burned is 1400

I realize that I went over my caloric limit maybe 2 times this week. What else should I do? Any suggestions?

Replies

• freakincampers
    Options
    Are you exercising more? Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    And you are itty bitty anyways at 125, lol. You shouldnt expect big jumps.... but I know its got to get frustrating not to see the scale move. But campers is right, more exercise may be the reason for feeling better but having the same #s. How tall are you?
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Break up your cals into 4 smaller meals! It will revvvvvvvvvvvvvvv up your metabolism.....and be patient. Listen to your body. If you feel lighter, you probably are. The scale is not the only measure. If you are working out, you are building muscle. This weighs more than fat. You are reinventing your body! Weighing once a week is such a good idea. Weight fluctuates depending on so many factors. Two factors that especially cause fluctuations are salt intake and TOM. Hang in there and "keep on keeping on!"
    Fab :wink:
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    I haven't done any strength training, but I've been running.
  • msonia11
    Options
    I am 5'1" and 1/4.
  • msonia11
    Options
    Can't leave out the 1/4 :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to join me for a Skinny Saturday Challenge? It is a great way to get through the weekend strong! Go here to commit to this one day challenge:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/92906-skinny-saturday-challenge-8

Have a great day! :happy:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Yeah, what they said... :laugh:

If you have suddenly started running, you are exercising "new" muscles. That means you are fatiguing (tearing down) those muscles, causing your body to react. The way the body reacts, is to flood the cells with water (inflammation). Soooo, guess what, it is just like TOM: water retention. If this is what is going on, it will pass as your body gets accustomed to the exercise.

Regardless, this is why the scale should only be a small part of your total measurement "battery." You said yourself, you feel lighter. That indicates to me either you are carrying more lean mass, which is better able to support its own weight, or your mind is recognizing the improvement and translating it into sensory awareness.

Keep up the good work, and remember, with your weight, you may need to measure your weekly loss in ounces rather than pounds.