Confused Newbie

sharkfood
sharkfood Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
A month ago I was eating 1 baby ruth bar and 1 large dinner, a big bowl of ice cream or cereal a day. Based on the estimates I need about 1800 calories a day to breath. BMI =25.9, BMR=1755, body fat 17.4. I started walking, and built up to a 600 calorie circuit I am doing at home 4 days a week. My matabolism (sdc) has changed. Now I am hungry all the time. I have changed my diet and eat a lot small things a day, apples, oranges, special k bar, light snacks, and small meals. Am I doing this right? I have a roll around my waist I would like to eliminate in 6 to eight weeks. I have lost upper body strength that I need for my job. If I maintain the BMR and continue on track with my workout and just continue cardio everyday? is this doable? Or do I reduce my calorie intake as well? Thanks in advance

Replies

• Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Cut out alot of our sugar and get more protein. And make sure you have iron.
  • TracyMReed
    TracyMReed Posts: 4 Member
    My suggestion to you is to get more protein. You may be feeling fatigued because you don't have enough good fuel to get you through the day. Fruits & salads are good, but are short term fuel. Eat more peanut butter, cheese sticks, chickent etc. things with protein that will fuel you longer. You will feel full and be able to maintain your calorie goal.
  • Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it. But do I still reduce my BMR any? Or stay with it? Thanks again
  • TracyMReed
    Stay within the suggested range. Give it several weeks. After a while you will begin to notice what is best for your body. You may need more, or possibly less. Unfortunately the calculators are pretty accurate; I only get 1250 a day. Enjoy every mouth full!! :wink:
  • Treed, you must be a small guy, I am 5'10 175, I cant imagine living off of that.
  • TracyMReed
    I'm actually 5'1" and 120lbs.
This discussion has been closed.