glutes workout?

Options
I want to start working on my butt, but due to a knee injury I can't really do squats or lunges.... unfortunately in the little bit of researching that I've done those two things have come up A LOT! Any other ideas?

Replies

• davidtvlink
    Options
    Hyperextensions.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Straight Leg Deadlift
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Swim. Swimmers have amazing bodies, and it is low-impact
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Depending on the type and severity of your knee injury, can you use the Stairmaster? My trainer's training for a Fit Model Competition and she's using the stairs to slim down her Puerto Rican booty.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Lotte Berk Method High Round Assets
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Are you doing PT for your knee? I tore my ACL and MCL a few years ago, the therapy I was doing to build my leg muscles back up totally worked my glutes. Bridges would be good.
  • eckabad
    eckabad Posts: 49
    Options
    Are you doing PT for your knee? I tore my ACL and MCL a few years ago, the therapy I was doing to build my leg muscles back up totally worked my glutes. Bridges would be good.

I'm not anymore. I tore stuff and shattered my knee cap about 6-7 years ago. I did therayp for a while, and I wish now that I had continued with the "homework" exersices! now of course I have no idea what they were. It doesn't usually hurt unless I do certain exersices...
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I'm not anymore. I tore stuff and shattered my knee cap about 6-7 years ago. I did therayp for a while, and I wish now that I had continued with the "homework" exersices! now of course I have no idea what they were. It doesn't usually hurt unless I do certain exersices...

Call your PT and they will have a record and see if they will give you their program. Most will give you good non weight bearing ways to work your glutes as well--bridges, hip extensions.....
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Ouch! Did you have surgery?