PMS

Options
i hate this time of the month! i have completly derailed and i want to eat everything in SITE. what do you guys do to contain yourselves? I try to reach of a lower portion or an alternative but i just keep eating!

Replies

• keesha27
    keesha27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LOL....You, me, and every other woman on the planet. "She" (the evil menstrual cycle) is staying with me for the week, and yesterday I thought of every chocolate item I was gonna buy before the day was over. LMBO!! Thankfully because I do eat healthy my cravings for sweets are not as bad as they were. Instead of buying the giant choclocate cookies that I wanted, I ate an apple about 30-40 minutes before leaving the house. And I purchased some frozen yogurt from Yogurtland. They just released the White Chocolate Macadamia flavor. I sprinkled approximately 8 pieces of cheesecake on top and I was done.

That was my dinner. I couldn't take not having anything sweet. Not a bad choice for 30 calories, 6g carbs, and 1g of protein per 1 fl. oz, right? It didn't ruin my caloric intake for the day, plus I burned 600+ calories from exercise.

I think if we crave it, we should have it, but not over indulge. I think eating the apple offset my craving because it was sweet. Fuji apples are delicious. Otherwise, I would have had a lot more cheesecake bites along with some brownie pieces too. LOL
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    awesome! maybe ill reach for an apple. I had an icecream craving earlier.. but i ended up making tea.. and put 4 packets of sugar. 80 calories.. but better than 250 i think? hahah!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    PMS gives me soo many cravings.

I've found this list to be handy:

http://healthwellness808.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cravings1.jpg
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I usually allow myself to eat a little bit more during that time and I don't beat myself up if it's something unhealthy. It hasn't affected my weight-loss in a negative way. I understand the crazy cravings though. I crave all the badness during that time, lol.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    water. water. water. I've learnt this and trying to stick with it. The moment I want to eat my fridge (along with the shelves) I have a glass or two of water. and it settles. Now, I am NOT saying I do this every time...but I TRY! Some days it just wont work. others it does.

Some days I try to work out too to distract me. Try a few techniques like that and see what works for you.

When working out and water won't do...Hello chocolate!!!

Feel free to add if you'd like.
  • platina416
    platina416 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PMS gives me soo many cravings.

I've found this list to be handy:

http://healthwellness808.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cravings1.jpg

Thanks! I have to say, the mention about craving for marijuana made me laugh :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    i hate this time of the month! what do you guys do to contain yourselves?

I think a lot of us spend as much time as possible hiding in the bathroom, going on fishing and hunting trips even though we don't know one end of a gun from another. Shoot, I'll even volunteer to go to Wal-Mart and do all the grocery shopping just to get away for a few hours. "I know it's winter and all sweetie, but I'm going to go see if the yard needs mowed."
  • fatchris34
    fatchris34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOL....You, me, and every other woman on the planet. "She" (the evil menstrual cycle) is staying with me for the week, and yesterday I thought of every chocolate item I was gonna buy before the day was over. LMBO!! Thankfully because I do eat healthy my cravings for sweets are not as bad as they were. Instead of buying the giant choclocate cookies that I wanted, I ate an apple about 30-40 minutes before leaving the house. And I purchased some frozen yogurt from Yogurtland. They just released the White Chocolate Macadamia flavor. I sprinkled approximately 8 pieces of cheesecake on top and I was done.

That was my dinner. I couldn't take not having anything sweet. Not a bad choice for 30 calories, 6g carbs, and 1g of protein per 1 fl. oz, right? It didn't ruin my caloric intake for the day, plus I burned 600+ calories from exercise.

I think if we crave it, we should have it, but not over indulge. I think eating the apple offset my craving because it was sweet. Fuji apples are delicious. Otherwise, I would have had a lot more cheesecake bites along with some brownie pieces too. LOL

x2. My choice is pineapple, though.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    oh hell, this is me this week.

and my cravings are SO random! Sometimes I can eat a bunch of bananas in a sitting, sometimes it's popcorn twist, today it was garlic bread (wtf?). gaahh. I hate cravings.

but like someone else mentioned up there, I allow myself to eat more during this TOM and not worry about it. Besides, usually after eating what I crave my cramps get better (and heck I am willing to do anything to make my cramps better - feels like another world war is beginning inside me!)