do u allow for your work outs ?

Options
just wondering , i dont do alot of exercise ( mind u this week 30 minutes each day doing lunges and yoga ext on the wii fit) do u allow for the exercise, cause if u allow it means u can eat more ? so when it says i have to have 1200 callories a day , does that mean if u burn say 100 callories in exercise u have to put those callories back to keep and maintain 1200 ?

im not great at explaing so trying my best ! ( had a big mac today it was lovely ! but trying to work out if i HAVE to do a work out to allow for it as im hurting from the last 5 days solid workouts and 120 minutes walking a day )

with dinner i will be at 1582 calories today

also i had 2lb to loose before my goal (the realisitic one ) but put on 2lb so trying hard this week to reach goal which means loosing 4lb in 2-3 weeks , after that im unsure how to 'maintain' my weight , how many should i be eating ?

Replies

• aapye
    aapye Posts: 9
    Options
    I can't help you with the rest but I do know, you should keep track of your excercise because it will add those back to the calories you can eat. So yes if you work off 100 calories you can eat 100 calories and still be in goal. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to function and if you work those off you need to replenish them.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    MFP states that you should add the calories burned from exercise to your 1200 calories. The 1200 calories already has a deficit built in. I usually eat part of my exercise calories.
  • freakincampers
    Options
    You should try and work out at leat 3 times a week, 30 minutes a day; however, you should also give your body time to heal. Over extending yourself can result in injury, which can prolong your ability to burn calories.

Your body needs 1200 calories a day to exist. Exercising means more calories, as your body needs them to survive. Eating less than 1200 calories puts your body into a state of starvation, meaning that your metabolism slows down.
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i do and i believe you should. i wouldn't go out and kill myself, and run for an hour, just to be able to down a milkshake but the calories burned during a workout should count towards your available calories.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My experience is that if I don't eat my exercise calories I actually gain weight. Just add in your journal and the site tells you how much more to eat. Thats the joy of this site. Big Macs are the bomb!!! I get about one a year!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    From my experience with going over my calories just once within a week, your body should burn them calories right up even if you don't exercise. I have read in some places that it can actually help your metabolism to have a cheat day where you go over your calories. Also, I am in the same boat as you with exercising today. I just have to take the day off because my muscles hurt soooo bad. You have to give yourself at least one day off per week. I'm no expert, but I hope this helps:happy:
  • jj_22_uk2002
    Options
    many thanks, i ate a extra 300 calories today , cant work off that much and still have hurting thighs from yesturday , but i may do some 'fun' exercises like step and hoola hoop and maby a jog too just to kill off some of the big mac and fries lol
  • jj_22_uk2002
    Options
    BUT WILL ADD !!!!

had to buy new clothes today gone from a uk 14 to a 12, and from 11 stone 1lb to 10stone 3lb ( now 10 stone 5lb ) , im happy but will be happier once i got rid of that last 4lb'ish