Cottage cheese "fluff"

Options
kdiamond
kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
So a lot of us don't like cottage cheese. I used to be one of them, until I discovered this recipe on another site. It is called "fluff".

2 ingredients - Friendship 1% Whipped cottage cheese (I'm sure you can use others, but this one has great consistency) & sugar free jello snack cups (any flavor).

Using a magic bullet or immersion blender, blend together 1/2 cup cc and 1 snack cup of jello until it is blended together and it will be liquidy like a smoothie. Then put it back in the fridge to re-gel for 2-3 hours.

When it re-gels, it becomes a tasty creamy jello snack! Like a mousse, kind of.

(This isn't my picture, but it looks like this when done)

fluff.jpg

90 cals/3g carbs/1g fat/16g protein

Replies

• acakeforawife
    Options
    Cool idea! Thanks for posting it! I'm only just starting to like cottage cheese (I eat it in my oatmeal now ... sounds weird but it's so yummy!)
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    thanks, sounds good. how much cottage cheese did you add, Im guessing 1/2 cup.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese per 1 snack cup jello
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    mm sounds tasty! Thanks! I used to not like cottage cheese and now I eat it almost every day!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You can also use cottage cheese instead of sour cream for dips
  • kellilucky13
    Options
    I have to try this! Looks yummie!
  • sparklebritches
    Options
    Interesting! I loathe the texture of cottage cheese but will blend it up in my smoothies. I wonder what else could be blended with it like that? Pudding?!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Where would I find whipped cottage cheese? Never heard of it before. I love cottage cheese. The bigger the curd, the creamier it is! :)
  • barbara6
    barbara6 Posts: 14
    Options
    I like cottage cheese too. I used to make a recipe that used a package of jello, a small can of crushed pineapple, an 8 oz container of cottage cheese and I believe a small container of cool whip. I'll look for the recipe this evening. I believe you just mix these all together.
    Another thing I do is sprinkle crystal light in a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese to taste. My 22 month old grandson loves it.
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I like cottage cheese too. I used to make a recipe that used a package of jello, a small can of crushed pineapple, an 8 oz container of cottage cheese and I believe a small container of cool whip. I'll look for the recipe this evening. I believe you just mix these all together.
    Another thing I do is sprinkle crystal light in a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese to taste. My 22 month old grandson loves it.

I used to work for a grocery store salad bar and we made our fluff all the time. You can switch up the fruits and jello flavors and the possiblilities are endless. My favorite was always peach. Another option was "fuzzy navel" fluff.. LOL.. orange jello with diced peaches or peach jello with mandarin oranges in it. :wink:
  • sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Those all sound so good. Thanks.
  • kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have made a version of fluff for years, below is my recipe:

1 package of regular cottage cheese
    1 small pack of sugar free jello mix, i like cherry
    1 package of sugar free coolwhip
    1 can of crushed pineapple
    2 small cans of manderin oranges

I love this stuff!!!!!!!

kat
  • lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i just tried something new this morning and it sounds gross but since i saw the "cottage cheese" thread i thought i'd share...

i basically made egg salad but substituted cottage cheese for the mayo. i used one hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, and salt and pepper. if you mix it really well, the consistency is just like egg salad (for those that have texture issues with cottage cheese). then i spooned it over 1/2 an avocado. it has enough calories to make a light lunch or a post-gym snack with lots of protein and good fat!