Chip Kelly just signed to the Eagles, wtf!

Options
kingkoopaluv
kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
Chip Kelly just signed as head coach to the eagles after he had announced he's re-committing himself to Oregon football. WTF!!!!!! Sad times for Oregon fans:(

Replies

• JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen someone flip flop back and forth so much. I hope they put an escape clause in that contract!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Expect the NCAA to throw the book at the Oregon FB program now...
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

This would bring me immeasurable happiness.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

yep. thats what im hearing too. Like when Pete Carrol left for the NFL. Oregon could be in big trouble.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

This would bring me immeasurable happiness.
    They've been talking about it for a bit. I do think this has a lot to do with his departure.
    He's pulling a Pete Carroll.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    fml!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Well...somebody in the league will be fighting for Johnny Football's services when he declares.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I still maintain we should've gone after Gruden...I've always liked "Chucky"...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to hold coaches like Chip Kelly and pete Carrol financially responsible for their roles in NCAA violations if they happen to leave the school for the NFL (or retirement, or CFL, or whatever).
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    If there are sanctions against Oregon, they will be minimal, nothing majr here and not the reason Kelly left.

We never saw a quote by Kelly that he was staying, it was all second hand information. I'm not saying it was not true, we just never heard it from Kelly himself.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Certainly not surprised that he left.

And whatever, Oregon has exceptionally deep pockets. Phil Knight's got their back ...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Certainly not surprised that he left.

And whatever, Oregon has exceptionally deep pockets. Phil Knight's got their back ...

true but if you cant go to bowls the recruits dont come and they dont have the long history like Ohio St and Penn St where they can bounce back as fast.

as for me i hope they are in the clear. i went to Maryland and Kevin Plank the founder of Under Armour is a grad and is starting to have the same relationship on Maryland as Knight does on Oregon. so i dont want anything interfering with that kind of relationship :D
  • halobender
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't realize that initially, I just figured it would be monetary sanctions or something.

I think that, all in all, they'll be fine.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oregon born and raised.. It is a sad day here in Eugene. We only feel this way because he already said he would stay.

I wish him the best but it is a somber mood for sure.
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    Chip Kelly just signed as head coach to the eagles after he had announced he's re-committing himself to Oregon football. WTF!!!!!! Sad times for Oregon fans:(

I thought the Oregon AD was the one to make the announcement about Kelly re-commiting to Oregon? I didn't think Kelly ever was quoted as saying he would stay.
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    I still maintain we should've gone after Gruden...I've always liked "Chucky"...

Agreed!
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Just another great example of why people here in PA. call Pittsburgh "" Sixburgh"" and Philadelphia "" Zerodelphia""
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't realize that initially, I just figured it would be monetary sanctions or something.

I think that, all in all, they'll be fine.

I think your avatar looks like the domino's noid they used in ads in the 80's

noid.gif
  • halobender
    Options
    Wow, it's been so long since I'd seen the Noid I had kind of forgotten about him. That's awfully similar, except my avatar is a rabbit.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Wow, it's been so long since I'd seen the Noid I had kind of forgotten about him. That's awfully similar, except my avatar is a rabbit.

i know it's a rabbit, i was just saying that the clay, the buck teeth and the ears reminded me to "avoid the noid."

which are, really, words to live by