*I COULD USE SOME ADVICE*

Options
2»

Replies

• amberdust
    Options
    nausia and shakey? do you get short tempered or panicy when you feel this way? or blurred vision?

it might be hypoglycemia (or hyper i forget) basically low blood sugar. ive found that if i eat fruit with all of my meals (exp in the morning!!) i don't get shakey anymore.

its REALLY hard to be diagnosed with hypoglycemia and there is really no cure for it. all you can do is eat something. maybe if you get shaky you can eat your meal then instead of later.

if thats doesn't help, sorry, don't know what else i can say

(edit: haha i see you are from oklahoma too! i'm from tulsa. i love aldi's. so cheap!!!! like 1990's prices all over again)
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Is your logging complete? If it is, you are way under and eating some junk. The 3 days I looked at didn't have any dinner.

So if your exercise is after work or school, then no dinner, who wouldn't be shaky??
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    LOL don't be sorry I came on here for advicce sometimes it need's to be tough love to get through. Thank you all for your advice- I will start eating back my exercise calories and since I am going grocery shopping today I will revise my list and shop accordingly. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH :flowerforyou:
    You are very welcome! It's nice to see someone taking advice with a smile!! :-)
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am hypoglycemic as well. It doesn't happen as often now that I eat clean but when it does a tsp of peanut butter clears it up real fast. Also limit your carbs as they tend to cause sugar spikes. Eat more protein.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    MFP already subtracts off calories to meet the weight loss goal you entered. So, if you're not eating back any exercise calories, there's a good chance you feel crappy because you aren't eating enough. (See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf) Some people think that MFP tends to overestimate the calories spent in exercise, so they only eat about 75% of the exercise calories -- play around with it a bit because these are all estimates and your body can vary a bit from the average, but the general principle still holds.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week maybe too much. I know it'd suck to only be able to lose 1 a week, but it is safer and at least you're not gaining or staying the same, right?
    Use the calorie recommendation the doctor gave you, if it's too much to not lose anything, then talk about that when you go to your next appointment.
    Do eat back your exercise calories, as much as you can. The calorie recommendation is how much your body uses in a day, if you didn't move a muscle. So if you eat that, then exercise and burn about 200 calories, you're 200 calories under what your body needs to function.

Remember the saying, Diet to lose weight, exercise to look good naked. Eating back your exercise calories is only that. You'll still be eating what you need to be, but you'll be toning yourself up to look good naked ;)

I hope that helps <3:flowerforyou:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    The calorie recommendation is how much your body uses in a day, if you didn't move a muscle.
    No, that's BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate - BMR is the minimum energy that your body needs to sustain itself at rest. This amount, measured in calories, would be necessary for basic functions like breathing, heart beats, renewing tissue, etc.
    The amount MFP recommends for you is TDEE minus some calories based on the amount you say you want to lose, but not going below 1,200/day. (As a general rule, it's best not to go below BMR either.) For more detail about this technique for setting goals as well as a common alternative, see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Also when people tell you to limit your "carbs" they are talking refined like what you get in your processed and boxed up carbs such as your marshmallow cereal and sugared up yogurt, etc. Whole grain carbs or whole fruit or vegetable carbs - like what you'd pull off of a plant or out of the ground are good for you carbs. Those whole food carbs digest slowly instead of hitting you hard and leaving you to drop fast.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    You have gotten alot of advice here, but you should seek help from a NUTRITIONIST. Not just a Dr. You need nutrition help in combination with your Dr. MFP friends are not really qualified to give you medical advice per se. Take what you read and run everything you think you like back by your dr. and nutritionist and have them give you guidelines to follow.