Hangry

Options
Over the last three days I've eaten as well as I've ever eaten, including plenty of fresh fruits, veggies, and at least 64oz of water each day. I have taken my vitamins, and haven't had any Diet Coke (it always kicks my appetite into overdrive and knocks out my willpower entirely). And yet I'm hungry. And it has made me angry. I'm hangry.

What do you do when you get this way? Go ahead and eat another apple since maybe my body really is needing more food? Suffer through it? I'm up against a deadline so I can't stop to exercise for another few hours. I do plan to work out tonight in the hope that it distracts me from my raging hunger.

Replies

• treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? I know eating something in high protein sometimes kicks my hunger.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I have those days when I haven't been getting enough sleep. Everything else-food, exercise, work, etc may be the same, but if I haven't had enough sleep my body acts like its ravenous all day (presumably to get more energy from sugar, protein, carbs, etc). I try to get more sleep ASAP, and in the mean time reach for a protein shake, some Greek yogurt or something else with high protein (that fills me up well) and relatively low calories (so I don't go too far over my calorie goals).
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? I second the protein comment as well as getting plenty of sleep.

If you are certain you are meeting your caloric needs and you are hitting your macros, there is always black coffee. You mentioned kicking the diet coke habit, could it be caffeine withdrawals?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Calories don't look too bad but you are extremely carb heavy. Try to get more fats and more importantly, a lot more protein. That will increase satiety.