Just started and would like "friends"

Options
Hey all,

I just found this website last night. I don't know what took me so long. I am 54 and I have always done Weight Watchers in the past, but this looks interesting.

I recently was told that I have to go on statins for high cholesterol, so I am looking to lose weight and lower fat. I don't know how groups work here, but I would love if some of you would become "friends" while I go on this journey towards healthfulness.

I am from Oakland, CA. I do public health research. In my spare time, I'm a couch potato, but I'm trying to change that.

Looking forward to meeting other users,

Jennifer

Replies

• ccrane96
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,

Today is my first day on here also. My friend and I were trying to find a place we could track our food and exercise and be able to share it with each other and she suggested this website.

I am 50 and live in NC and would love to join you on this journey. I am on BP, cholesterol, and lasik medications, needless to say, I have quite a bit to gain from losing weight also. I hate taking the meds and I use a c-pap machine also that I would love to get rid of!

Feel free to message me anytime. I'm not always on the computer in the evenings but now that I have agreed to use this medium to document, I should at least be on for a little while everynight.

Take care and good luck to us both!

Colette
  • pattyb1013
    Options
    My first day too! I live in New Hampshire and would like friends and support through this journey also. Feel free to message me anytime.

Thanks!

Patty
  • smallmuscleathelete
    smallmuscleathelete Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just started not long ago and was very comfortable to be couch potato till NOW! Feel free to add me if you want :-)
    I have tried Weight Watchers and it's good... but this is even better because it's free, haha!
  • graciebabiie
    graciebabiie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OOOhhh same here girls! I have just joined yesterday! In need of some friends too! I am from North Vancouver, BC Canada! Looking to lose about 40 lbs! Here goes to some fun and crazy times ahead!
  • mrsme1008
    mrsme1008 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls! I'm 56 from NYC. I've been using MFP for awhile and need some friends too. I too have a bad knee and I'm hoping that losing this 30-35lbs that somehow crept up on me will take away some of the pain!

Please add me!! I'll also send a request...

Cheers!
  • mrsme1008
    mrsme1008 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just started not long ago and was very comfortable to be couch potato till NOW! Feel free to add me if you want :-)
    I have tried Weight Watchers and it's good... but this is even better because it's free, haha!

I did WW for a year too and then found MFP. But like you said this is free and the food database is WAY better!!
  • phillinnz
    phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am not sure how the messaging works, but I joined yesterday, and would like some friends to keep me on track. I work in child health and am on statins. I like walking and am going to slowly build up to some jogging. My local gym does spin classes so I am also planning to do those but first I have to get over an op on my shoulder.
  • jencole057
    jencole057 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to use this site again and would love to have some friends on here. Maybe the support will help me stay motivated. Good luck to all of you.
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I just found this website last night. I don't know what took me so long. I am 54 and I have always done Weight Watchers in the past, but this looks interesting.

I recently was told that I have to go on statins for high cholesterol, so I am looking to lose weight and lower fat. I don't know how groups work here, but I would love if some of you would become "friends" while I go on this journey towards healthfulness.

I am from Oakland, CA. I do public health research. In my spare time, I'm a couch potato, but I'm trying to change that.

Looking forward to meeting other users,

Jennifer
    I'm on statins also. To bring your cholesterol down, exercising will help a lot.
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tiffany, also looking for friends. Have been using MFP for over a year now i guess, but i just started getting friends on it yest or the day before! feel free to add me! :)
  • Nohemy1
    Nohemy1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone!!! I am fairly new to this as well. I am in desperate need of losing 100lbs.

I was told about this website by a friend and kind of blew it off, but seriously I am tierd of the extra pounds :cry:

Would really love a support group or friend to talk to about my wiet loss. I started Sunday and am more motivated than ever. I am a Medical Billing Manager and have a mostly sitting job. Love hearing about the success stories on here and hope one day it will be me giving my testimony.
  • kerigla
    kerigla Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You will like this site. I have been on for awhile now and it's so easy to track food and exercise.
    Keri
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all newbies! I find this site helpful, and I really like it, especially the support and motivation from everyone. Feel free to "add" me as a friend! :flowerforyou: