The 17 - Day Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• fifteentogotogo
    Options
    Preferably no alcohol until cycle 3, if I remember correctly, but I had a wedding in cycle 1 and had some wine and was fine. This diet, in my opinion, is not a shortcut fad. It retrains your body and your behavior to 'crave' foods high in sugars, carbs, and grease. It is not meant to completely live without these long term, but your own body will begin to crave salads and fruits (at least for me it did). Use it to learn how to eat better, not a quick fix-and to maintain keep the good habits you learned and stay active. Just my humble opinion (: Good luck!
  • s_martin210
    s_martin210 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love this diet not just because I lost weight, but I also learned a lot about eating healthy and reading what's in the foods I eat. I lost around 20 pounds going through the cycles the first time. I took a break over the holidays and gained back 5. I have about 10 to lose now. I started over this week (C1D4).

Just so you know, there is a closed support group on FaceBook (17 Day Diet Support) that's very helpful. I also love the 17 Day Diet Gal's blog (http://17ddgal.blogspot.com/?m=1).

If you stick with it, please friend me, I would love extra support to help me get these last few pounds off!
    Good luck!!!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I tried it before and it worked well!
    I dont think its a "fad" diet like cabbage soup or a cleanse that temporarily makes you lose weight- just to gain it all back
    Its basically eating clean foods- it doesnt really LIMIT anything or make you eat only liquids or starve yourself.
    Feel completely full, content, satisfied, and the best part is the clean eating gives you so much energy!!!

Starting it back soon after having baby!
  • eglockwood
    Options
    My husband, daughter and I all started on the 17 day diet this week (Tuesday). So far, I've lost 2 pounds! started really watching my portions back in November and am officially down 16 pounds since that time! I never quite lost the baby weight from our last child (8 years ago! LOL). Anyway, we are enjoying the diet so far - the food choices in cycle 1 are limited but we feel healthy. We bought fat free cheese, Greek Yogurt, eggs, chicken, turkey, lettuce, lots of veggies, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My sister and I started today, but we are both worried that we are actually eating too few calories to remain functional (for example we ate all day today and only netted 1050 calories) This seems too low to be safe. Right now we are trying to decide to stick with the accelerate phase or skip ahead to the next phase (which allows more choices and is thus easier to plan for).
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Mzkfh
    Mzkfh Posts: 9
    Options
    I started Jan 2, 2013 and I've lost 4 lbs.
  • ValBFP4H
    ValBFP4H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you are eating the unlimited vegetables he says to eat and the other foods, you will be ok. I would not recommended skipping to the next cycle until you have done the 17 days of cycle 1. I know it is tempting but it is set up this way for a reason. Also you should not stay on one cycle for longer then 17 days.
    I have lost over 25 pounds on this diet. I have a long ways to go and I lose slower then most.
  • Mzkfh
    Mzkfh Posts: 9
    Options
    It's awesome. Everyday I drop an additional pound. Im starting the 2nd portion... had salmon and veggies for dinner... yum!! Good Luck!!
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great to hear someone else on this diet. I strarted this diet a 1 and 1/2 ago and lost 30lbs...kept it off till late this fall and got lazy, and gained 15lb, started back on last week and on day 9, cycle 2 and 3 are a pleasure once you get past this cleansing stage, I find it easy to follow and adhear to. If you want tips and food ideas or support friend me!!
  • jaxie226
    Options
    Hey! I to am on this diet! Feel free to add me :) Today = Day 1 of Cycle 1
  • boyz4us
    boyz4us Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just started this diet yesterday (2/11/13) Anyone else new on Cycle 1?
  • sfunk10
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me. I'm excited to find a forum with other people just starting!! My friends think I'm crazy!!
  • Livnluv83
    Livnluv83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey today is c1d2 for me. I like the diet. I haven't been able to find a milk substitute for my coffee so i am using low fat milk. So far I don't feel sick, I did get a headache yesterday. Trying to get creative with the allowed foods which is a bit hard. Feel free to friend me we can all use the support. We can also share recipes!