Wanted: New Pals!!

Options
:blushing: Today I stepped on the scale. Our scale hasn’t had batteries in it in about 6 months, finally I found some and put them in. What I did next shocked me. I weighed myself and discovered I currently weigh more than I have in my entire life!! 281lbs. OMG!!! I just about puked ( I would have lost a few that way). I knew I had put on a little weight but wow, I have never wanted to weigh this much. I have never weighed this much. I have been on MFP for a couple years and as long as I stay with it I tend to lose weight and as long as I don’t end up weighing more than my starting weight from years ago, I figure “well at least I haven’t gone over!!” WRONG!!!!

I am starting over and my hubby is too and my kids will ride along. My daughter has a BMI of 21.4. This is because of me. Because I can’t control MY weight and MY eating , she thinks this is how it should be. WRONG!!!! I took her and my son to the store the other day and let them each pick out a snack, my 3year old son picked out an apple, I thought I would have one too, then my daughter asked if she could have something warm. I told her sure. She picked out batterfried cheesecurds. I didn’t even blink…..until after she was eating them. I realized what I had done.

I know I have said many times before that I am going to change and things are going to be better, but isn’t that what all of us have said many times before we finally reach the exact moment? I know I have let some of my MFP pals down, I don’t blame you for un-friending me, I would do the same, as a matter of fact I have! But now I need new friends. Ones that are struggling just like me so I can gain support and return what is given to me. Ones who are successful so I know I can do it. I am not going to lie. I will struggle. I will probably fall off the wagon. But I promise to check in EVERY day. I promise to read your kind and not so kind words of encouragement and your own frustrations and support you. I promise to read and enjoy your successes by learning from them rather than be jealous. But most of all I promise to be a friend and be there in the good and the bad times.

Please give me a thumbs up if you accept my agreement. Please be my friend if you will be there when things are rough for me and when they are great but mostly there when I need you the most. Please comment if you have any words of encouragement or reminders to the fact that I CAN DO THIS!!! But I can’t do it alone.

Here we go :blushing:

Replies

• spazriel
    spazriel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :)
  • linda_X
    linda_X Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'll support you
  • coraspiece
    coraspiece Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me... That wheel has fallen off the band wagon here a few times and would love encouragement and to give encouragement :)
  • zenwalker
    Options
    Hello - I am new to MFP after dropping out of Weight Watchers twice, having been told the last time by my dietitian that WW can actually be quite unhealthy when one tries to stay within points but not necessarily eating healthy foods to obtain the daily goal. This Christmas my fiance gave me a Fitbit step tracker and I have loved seeing the number of steps and calories burned go up each day, setting higher goals for myself each day, if even one more step. It has motivated me to walk and after losing my first 3 pounds I discovered how much I love to see those scale numbers go down.

About me, I am 45 years old and weigh more than ever. Part of it is due to some medications but most of it is due to lack of restraint with comfort foods during a difficult divorce a couple of years ago. I work in retail so am on my feet all day and quite busy but not busy enough to burn calories to make a difference, so I added the walking. I started small, telling myself I would walk once a week. But after my walks I realized I felt really good mentally and emotionally. I hate starting my walks but after I am done I feel fantastic. So I increased my days per week goal to three and am now ready to increase that to five days a week!

I would love to be your fitness buddy so that we can encourage each other. Many people don't realize how emotional starting a new healthy lifestyle can be, so it does help to have a buddy to encourage and support each other.

Thanks for posting in search of pals!
  • sofiawantstolose
    sofiawantstolose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know I'm young and very new to MFP, but most of the people here have hit rock bottom sometime. I decided to join MFP when I went on the scale and found out that I was at my highest weight ever - 70 kg. (153 pounds) I'm 5'6.2 and I've had problems with my weight since I was 13. I've tried to lose weight, and last year I got down to 65 kg, but I never weighed myself again. I felt like I had done so much progress, and then I decided it was time to do it right, so I joined MFP on the fist days of january and I've lost 3kgs. so far, with exercise and counting calories.
    I've been to a nutricionist when I was 15, but after a few months I didn't want to go anylmore because I didn't feel comfortable with her, I felt I had to lose weight for her not to (almost) yell at me for not doing cardio during the week ( i play volleyball, in a club, and train insane three days a week, each training lasts between two hours and a half and three hours).
    I can help you, I'm on the same path, even though I have less pounds to lose, It's the same feeling
  • Zumbagal84
    Zumbagal84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me....I need more friends too...all mine keep leaving mfp! :)
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me! Anyone please feel free as well. I would love to encourage you as long as you return the favor :)
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. you can find ways here to lose that extra weight the healthy way. I have been here for a couple weeks..
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    You can definitely add me because '"I've been there and done that". I'll give you a Rah! Rah! or boost when you need it :)
  • empot
    empot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am sending you an add. I started out even heavier than where you are, a have stumbled and made mistakes along the way. Keep coming back, it will stick, it will pay off. It is not about being perfect, it is about being honest with yourself and everyday making one more good choice than bad. You can totally do this!
  • tirawi
    tirawi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me. I'm adding OP.
  • lmataloni
    lmataloni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Please add me - I am in the 10+ club myself and still trying to figure it out (again!) Good luck!
  • lottiedavi
    Options
    feel free to add me, im here everyday and could also do with some more friends on here to keep me on track! :)
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'll send you an add! :) You can do it!!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Beware of some new "pals" on here....they can be a little twisted :)

shake-weight-o.gif
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!! Anyone else. please feel free to add me :)
  • jainew94
    Options
    new to mfp, currently lost 2pounds and only joined 4 days ago.. I've been using the "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" workout dvd and it seems to be doing the job!
    currently 61kg, only a few more pounds to go.. maybe a little more! a size 8 body would be perfect for the holiday to Ibiza!!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I too am looking for support !! Any of you who posted above, you are welcome to add me as well :)

Thanks !!

Suzanne
  • Nohemy1
    Nohemy1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I am new to fitness pal. I am more determined than ever to lose weight. Would love a friends through my journey to weight loss. :happy:
  • CiciCanD
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm new on here too and should really start adding people, as that's where I think I've gone wrong the last time!! I have about 100lbs to lose so would love to chat to people who are in the same boat.

You can't use support you don't ask for...anyone who's reading and feeling the same, feel free to add me! :smile: