Dallas, TX area For Support and Motivation!

Options
Hi, my name is Jenifer and I live in Wylie Texas which is between McKinney and Rockwall (Dallas/Plano) area. I do not have a lot of friends in my area and therefore I do not have anyone that is willing to join me in meetings or runs or anything fitness related. Since I am looking for a strong support system and MFP has always been good to me, I thought I would check and see if there is anyone out there that is looking for the same type of support.

What I would like to do is actually meet up with people in my area, maybe at Weight Watchers meetings or 5K Runs and get to know some people with the same interests as me. Please note that I am happily married and have 6 kids. I posted something similar to this before and got a lot of inappropriate responses. I am solely looking for someone to share in the experience of a healthier lifestyle with me on a personal level. Making new friends and a new support system. If that's you, please message me and lets see if we can plan something soon. Thanks!

Replies

• MisScorpio
    Options
    In Dallas....Im here to help motivate and support anyone who wants it. Feel free to add me
  • TeNaCiouSPiLi
    Options
    You can add me, I'm always down to support ANYONE that's trying to make real permanent changes. It's hard to do alone, but with friends it's easier!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dallas too! Central Dallas, right by SMU. I moved here about a year ago and don't really know too many women or people my age. I'd be up for hanging out or going for a run sometime =)
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm in Sachse! We're practically neighbors! :) I can't run yet (per my doc), but we do go to the rec center.
  • segooey
    segooey Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm in Plano and am looking for some extra support and motivation. The shame of people seeing me cheat and calling me out on it is just the push I need to kick this thing in gear. Feel free to add me!
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am in Dallas proper, any Dallas people a free to add me. Please note: I am here for a healthy manageable lifestyle. I eat to fuel my body and lift weights and just started running. Not here for fad diets and low cal lifestyle.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm in Garland so not too far from you.

I had lost 60 lbs but I got lazy around November and I didn't do anything about it. Ate bad and working out came to a screeching halt.

Just today I restarted my ticker to read 0 lbs lost and hopefully that along with my MFP's will help me get back on track.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Dallas proper, too. :) Feel free to add me! Not sure how motivational I am, but I'm a lot of fun, anyway!
  • purplesoulkari
    purplesoulkari Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live in Celina, Texas, looking for friends as well! :)
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Dallas area. 5minutes from Addison and 10-15 minutes from Plano.