We only burn calories when we excerise???

Options
I just joined (yesterday)
So when I exercise, I only am "credited" calories?? I dont burn fat too??

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You have already set MFP to burn a certain amount of fat a week so if you burn extra to what you originally said you were going to when you set your activity level, you technically need to eat those back. Not everyone does though. Do a search for 'eating back exercise calories' to find out about other people's experiences.
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm reading the question differently? When you log exercise, you are "credited" calories and other macros (your fat, protein, carb allowance) go back up as well. The only thing I've never seen change from logging exercise is the sodium
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Everything is credited proportionally, depending what your macros are set at. Calories, fat, carbs and protein all go up.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You don't really burn fat so to speak. Your body uses the energy created by the consumption of food and all food is made up of carbs, proteins, and fats. A "calorie" is a unit of energy. Carbs and proteins provide your body with 4 calories per gram. Fat provides 9 calories per gram.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You don't really burn fat so to speak. Your body uses the energy created by the consumption of food and all food is made up of carbs, proteins, and fats. A "calorie" is a unit of energy. Carbs and proteins provide your body with 4 calories per gram. Fat provides 9 calories per gram.
    Is OP refering to fat stores in the body- not dietary fat. OP- we're confused. Can you re-phrase your question.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Is OP refering to fat stores in the body- not dietary fat. OP- we're confused. Can you re-phrase your question.

No difference. Your body has to process the food you eat before it can be used as energy. If OP wants to lose fat then they need to eat a calorie deficit so that the body is using more energy than it is consuming.