LOVE YOUR BODY! AND YOURSELF!

Options
I've been thinking about this a lot lately.. and I'd like to share it with everyone.
I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm not a size zero, I have stretch marks and extra skin, AND I love my body the way it is. You don't like it? I DON'T CARE. Society focuses way too much on being super skinny. As long as you are happy with your body, society's so called "standards" don't matter. I know too many people who hate their own body because they are not super thin or don't meet "society's expectation". As long as you are happy with the way you look... why does it matter what anyone else thinks? SO whether you are a size 00 or a size 26+ (or whatever size)... Be happy and live your life without worrying about what numbers on clothes and others think. Appreciate your body for what it can do and don't hate it for the way it looks. Life is way too short to go about being depressed about what other people think, so love yourself the way you are!! Learn to love those things!

I am in no way saying that you can't improve your body if you want (thats why many of us are on this site), or bashing " super skinny " people. All I am saying is that the only opinion that matters is yours. Love your body and dont change it for ANYONE but YOURSELF.

I was told I have boxy shoulders, a square jaw, and that it makes me look like a man. What did I tell that person? "I love my body just the way it is. If you don't like it... i don't care. because your opinion is not what matters to me" and I walked away.
Don't let anyone getcha down! keep on keepin' on!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!
  • RedPandaJami
    RedPandaJami Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!

This is a place I am struggling to get to. I am better than I used to be, but I still have so much of the negative self talk. (I'm fat, I'm ugly, my stomach looks gross.......)

Thank you for this encouragement!
  • tinytemple
    tinytemple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well written! I struggle so badly with body image problems and I love the way you have said that it is fine to improve your body but you might as well love it as it is at the moment anyway!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    you go girl!! :drinker:

self perception is however not only made up of what WE think of ourselves. we cant ignore societal norms and all that BS, but deal with it and reject it - take control. we have the pwer to love ourselves!

:heart: :heart:
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I hate looking in the mirror. I used to not give a flying hoot what anyone thought about me....but chronic illness and fear/possibility of not losing a single inch/pound...has me worried about not what I see in the mirror, but if my husband will continue to be attracted to me, especially after he gets to his goals....
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I hate looking in the mirror. I used to not give a flying hoot what anyone thought about me....but chronic illness and fear/possibility of not losing a single inch/pound...has me worried about not what I see in the mirror, but if my husband will continue to be attracted to me, especially after he gets to his goals....

Just silly, I'm sure he loves you no matter what ;)
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I'm not going to say that I haven't had body issues, because I have. However, I'm working on improving that, and reading things like this really helps me to remember to correct that negative perception of myself.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!

This is a place I am struggling to get to. I am better than I used to be, but I still have so much of the negative self talk. (I'm fat, I'm ugly, my stomach looks gross.......)

Thank you for this encouragement!

I still have a day every now and then where I feel pudgy/ugly/etc... but it always goes away. We all have those days deary. You're not ugly at all! It will all work out, all it takes is time, motivation and hard work. youve got this!
  • cm1458
    Options
    Well written! I struggle so badly with body image problems and I love the way you have said that it is fine to improve your body but you might as well love it as it is at the moment anyway!

We all do sometimes! I have some of those days too where im just like "oh my hiip are huge" but in reality, they arent HUGE and my man loves them and so do i. I think you look absolutely beautiful! Flaunt watcha got!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately society is pretty shallow and superficial.. You are judged by your appearance and you have some better chances looking how society expects you to look. If you have a great paying job and happily married.. well love yourself.. for the rest appearance can be the difference between a date or being hired for a job.

Just speaking the truth.
  • cm1458
    Options

Just silly, I'm sure he loves you no matter what ;)

This! ^
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    This was positive affirmation this morning so I thought I'd share. "Beauty is what I feel about myself, not what I see in the mirror." This just seems so fitting.
  • cm1458
    Options
    This was positive affirmation this morning so I thought I'd share. "Beauty is what I feel about myself, not what I see in the mirror." This just seems so fitting.

I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing! and Holy moly Congrats on the 135! That's a whole person!
  • cm1458
    Options
    Very well said. I'm not going to say that I haven't had body issues, because I have. However, I'm working on improving that, and reading things like this really helps me to remember to correct that negative perception of myself.

I used to have really bad body issues. but It got better. Glad you are working on it!
  • cm1458
    Options
    you go girl!! :drinker:

self perception is however not only made up of what WE think of ourselves. we cant ignore societal norms and all that BS, but deal with it and reject it - take control. we have the pwer to love ourselves!

:heart: :heart:

Well said! :):glasses: