Tiger Stripes

Options
After reading a rather RUDE post about stretch marks and the effects pregnancy can have on a woman's body, I have just this to say:

'You're a DAMN Tiger and have earned your stripes"

Some of us have more work to do than others and it can be tough to adjust to that post pregnancy body - I started bawling.
Over the years though the stretch marks have faded and how much I care about them, has faded
I have a little extra skin that I'm sure I can still tone up b/c the more I work out, the better it looks.
Not to mention, there are thousands and millions of women who would kill to be able to complain about a post pregnancy body....just think about that.

So for those women who have busted their arses to get their bodies into incredible shape after 1 or 2 or MORE babies CHEERS TO YOU! :drinker: :drinker:
And I don't remember the one user's name that posted stomach pictures and was insulted for them: You are a BAD@$$ woman and you should feel so proud of how far you've come and I for one would be HONORED to have you as a friend on here! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    shanna shanna mo manna bananafana fo fanna me mi mo manna, SHANNA. you rock and i'm so squeeeeeeee-y that you're my friend. FYI ;)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    ???? Agree 1 million times over!
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well Put... Im speechless... think you covered that topic perfect!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im not a mom. My stripes are Zebraic.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    And men usually don't care haha they're seeing a woman they're into, naked lol they're gettin a LiL sumptin sumptin ;) they're not focusing on any scars, just you
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    lol... Not "SO" true... Men are more critical than "A LiL Sumptin sumptin!" lol ... But youd be suprised by how many guys would prefure a natural looking girl over "real life Barbi" with surgeys.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I barely even notice stretch marks. Almost everyone I know has them, even thin girls, because a lot of girls get them when they develop hips and breasts. I even know some guys with them. I think they're kind of cool, actually. As you said, they look like stripes, especially when they get pale-ish with time. :)
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    I barely even notice stretch marks. Almost everyone I know has them, even thin girls, because a lot of girls get them when they develop hips and breasts. I even know some guys with them. I think they're kind of cool, actually. As you said, they look like stripes, especially when they get pale-ish with time. :)

I had them before my daughter actually - grew 4 inches in one school year... Basically stopped growing after that too haha I don't notice the ones on my legs at all anymore
  • ljbird13
    Options
    Yep! I am a somewhat new mama and I've got my "tiger stripes." They aren't that bad actually, but I embrace them! My son was worth it :)
  • carfamily08
    Options
    One BadA** checking in ;-) Thank you so much! I'd love to be your friend on here (I'll request you after I post this!)

I'm proud of my stretch marks too! They've faded mostly, but I have a few dark ones on my sides. Proud badges of my three gorgeous girls!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

I had them before my daughter actually - grew 4 inches in one school year... Basically stopped growing after that too haha I don't notice the ones on my legs at all anymore

Yup. I have them along my hips and near my armpits. They've been there since I was 16.
  • Marcyanna13
    Options
    I DEFINITELY earned my Tiger Stripes when I was pregnant with my twins. I managed to carry them to term and they were each 7.5 lbs. Our two little miracles made every stripe sooo worth it. I don’t show them off but I wear them with pride!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me anymore. And if they bother someone else, well that is not my problem.

I admit, loose skin annoys me, though. And I know I'm going to end up with some because I had a kid by C-section and the other times I've been thin I still had some.

Oh well. Not much I can do about it.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    Kinda how I feel about it - Eye of the Tiger

jensen-ackles-the-eye-of-the-tiger.gif?w=549
  • kcrenshaw2005
    kcrenshaw2005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My son was worth every single stretch mark. Now I'm just trying to tighten up the skin.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyljqh2WfF1qmt06so1_500.png