Bikram Yoga

Options
I'm going to start Bikram Yoga once a week the Sunday- Anyone else doing this on a regular basis? Any good results?

*Newbie here- feel free to add me :)

28920330.png

Replies

• cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I practiced for years . You're gonna love it
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm going on Saturday. The hot room feels so nice when it's 30 degrees outside (here in good ole OH). I don't go as often as I'd like, but it's a nice break from running (which I do 3x/week). Have fun and don't forget your water and towel :)
  • Shizzles33
    Shizzles33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Hot Yoga last week and loved it! Although I don't know how to record the number of calories burned since I couldnt find it in the database...
  • kerriotto
    Options
    I practice 3-4 times a week. I've lost 10 inches off my waist, hips and thighs over the last two months.

Message me if you'd like some tips and pointers. It can be intense!

Best of luck!
  • Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started last Monday! Tonight will be 5th class. I LOVE IT! It's hot yes, but you adjust to it. Good luck!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. But bring your towel, and make sure it covers your mat. And water. And whatever you do, do not wear a cotton t-shirt.

Cautionary tale: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hypotrochoid/view/yoga-gone-very-very-wrong-470221#comments
  • DirtGlitters
    Options
    Wow! Awesome, i'm looking even more forward to it now! Thanks guys :)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I love vinyassa-style, hate Bikram, but I got a Groupon (10 classes for $35 so it was hard to pass up). I've got 4 more classes until I'm done, then I'm going back to my old studio for hot and power vinyassa.
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    hot yoga is the bestttt!! i don't do Bikram, but I go to a Moksha Yoga studio :)
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Im a yoga beginner...whats the difference between Vinyassa and Bikram???
  • kerriotto
    Options
    Vinyasa is a flow- up, down, halfway up, down, up, etc.
    Bikram is practiced in a hot room, always the same sequence of asanas, the poses are held for a minute or so and you "recover" between them.
    I like that Bikram is the same sequence because I can track my progress and I LOVE the hot room. You sweat a lot but it's very cleansing. My skin hasn't looked this great since I was 10 years old!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink plenty of water on the day before as well as the day of. I love it. I downloaded hot yoga doctor on iTunes and now I can do the class at home! Same poses as Bikram but gives you a chance to practice at home. Good luck! Also do not eat before class!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Vinyasa is a flow- up, down, halfway up, down, up, etc.
    Bikram is practiced in a hot room, always the same sequence of asanas, the poses are held for a minute or so and you "recover" between them.
    I like that Bikram is the same sequence because I can track my progress and I LOVE the hot room. You sweat a lot but it's very cleansing. My skin hasn't looked this great since I was 10 years old!

Oh ok thanks!
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did the 30-day challenge where I went to hot yoga for 30 days in a row without missing any day. I really wanted weightloss, but unfortunately did not see a lot of results from it. It was very calming, and I definitely became more flexible and stronger, but I was disappointed with the overall weight loss. Good luck! It's fun and relaxing, but not my favorite form of exercise.
  • lpierovich
    Options
    That is amazing. I just started the 60 day challenge, I am on my 6th day but have gained a pound even with my 1200 calorie diet.