Need encouraging words...

Options
Kinda discouraged this morning. Got on the scale, gained a whopping 4 lbs. I know why too, took some meds (for personal reasons), PMS and I ate like crazy last week. So, I feel like *kitten*. Excuse my french. Other than that, I have been keeping up with the exercise. I know what I need to do now though, however, I feel really down this morning. I hope to take 2 weeks off from the scale so my body can get back to normal from taking those meds and eating like crazy. Please add me as a friend and help me through this :(

Replies

• bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you had a lot going on last week. Start this week off right and keep going! You can do this! Friend request sent.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request. Hang in there.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You can do this! That much weight gain in only a week is likely partially from fluid retention. Just keep on with a good eating plan and some exercise and that will fall back off before you know it! Sent you a FR
  • HHughston
    Options
    You can do this! That much weight gain in only a week is likely partially from fluid retention. Just keep on with a good eating plan and some exercise and that will fall back off before you know it! Sent you a FR

I agree. I always gain during that time and it always comes right back off. Don't stress or beat yourself up, start anew this week. You can do this.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    what MIGHT be discouraging is if you didn't know why the gain happened...BUT YOU DO! Once you are feeling better, you will get back on track!

Head up, chica!!!
  • karenjanel
    karenjanel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Keep going! We all have set backs but it is only when you don't get back up that you have been defeated. You are a warrior! I wanted to leave you my favorite motivational quote: Remember, when life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you got? You hit like a girl."
  • Smays1208
    Smays1208 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! Your doing great, remember there will always be hard days but push through it cause you'll get back on track!
  • keesha27
    keesha27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kinda discouraged this morning. Got on the scale, gained a whopping 4 lbs. I know why too, took some meds (for personal reasons), PMS and I ate like crazy last week. So, I feel like *kitten*. Excuse my french. Other than that, I have been keeping up with the exercise. I know what I need to do now though, however, I feel really down this morning. I hope to take 2 weeks off from the scale so my body can get back to normal from taking those meds and eating like crazy. Please add me as a friend and help me through this :(

Girl, don't worry about that. Every woman on the planet would agree that "she" (the menstrual cycle) is evil. And the mere fact of walking past a scale during this time is all but joy. LOL....So, don't sweat it. Eat healthy and exercise as everyone has advised and when the evilness, aka "she", goes away you'll see the lbs disappear. Another good suggestion is to get a colonic. I have a natural health doctor who says they are indeed beneficial to the body because it aids in releasing the toxins that clutter our lymphatic systems, which aids in carrying oxygen in the blood to other parts of our bodies. It's a good cleanse for the body. Just make sure the provider uses water to rinse your system and not the suction method. I have had one a let me say, you'll feel brand new. :wink:
  • lorijlozano
    Options
    part of being a woman, dear,.....don't sweat the small stuff....you'll have good days...bad days....just be thankful for every day :blushing:
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for encouraging others. :) Friend request sent maam