106 lbs lost - guy

Options
I started my weight loss journey last September and I couldn't be happier with myself. It took until around the end of August to reach my first goal of 165lbs (started at 267lbs). After then, I kind of dwindled away from MFP but in doing so I have not put back any weight which I think is a huge accomplishment. That is evidence for all of you that have yo-yoed up and down that maintaining your ideal body weight is achievable and you shouldn't be discouraged.

I have posted before and after pictures in the past, so I know some of you like to read this for tips. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary; strictly counting calories. I think what helped me the most, and this is what I tell everybody, is that number one - I didn't consider myself dieting. I looked at this as a healthier way of living (which I still believe) and number two - I didn't completely cut out foods that I enjoy. I still had pizza when I wanted (I just ate one slice instead of several) and I still had ice cream, just ate a spoonful of it instead of a whole bowl full. I guess, just enough to satisfy my craving. Not eliminating these types of foods prevents you from eventually caving in and deciding you're done with it, you're just gonna stay the way you are.

Good luck to everyone - hope y'all all succeed.

Picture_zps35deb01c.jpg
Picture1_zps4a10b732.jpg

Replies

• melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on the HUGE weightloss :)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You ARE Capt America!! ;) Great job man.
  • mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! great job :drinker:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Outstanding transformation.....well done!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have posted before and after pictures in the past, so I know some of you like to read this for tips. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary; strictly counting calories. I think what helped me the most, and this is what I tell everybody, is that number one - I didn't consider myself dieting. I looked at this as a healthier way of living (which I still believe) and number two - I didn't completely cut out foods that I enjoy. I still had pizza when I wanted (I just ate one slice instead of several) and I still had ice cream, just ate a spoonful of it instead of a whole bowl full. I guess, just enough to satisfy my craving. Not eliminating these types of foods prevents you from eventually caving in and deciding you're done with it, you're just gonna stay the way you are.

My sentiments entirely - I know exactly where you're coming from. The only way I've succeeded this time is by telling myself I'm NOT on a diet, I AM on a new lifestyle... and it's worked!

Well done on a fantastic job, you look great!
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you look so great! awesome job!!
  • luisatorrez
    Options
    I <3 it!!

I am so proud of you!!

Keep up the great job!!
    :tongue:
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You put in some good, hard work. Congratulations!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Very cute before and after! And I love your common sense approach to things! great job!
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! congrats man! well done!
  • graciemom828
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    nice work bro!! you look great (NOHOMO)
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Awesome work
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Strictly counting calories... for that, you have done Awesome! you look great!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Super job!!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ man! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!