New here and not sure i will last long

Options
I need to shift the triplets that are not in my stomach lol.... I also work night shifts so this is gonna be a long haul for me....fingers crossed i stick to it longer than 2 months lol any advice?

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Change your mindset, first and foremost!

Good luck!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to have a more positive attitude. You can do this, there are a ton of people here who have done it and are doing it! Welcome!
  • daisyrec
    Options
    What is your calorie allowance? Mine said it is 1500 calories a day. Is that too many, or is that about the average calories?
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    you realy have to be at the stage you no you need to do this or it just wont work.
  • GottaHavePav
    GottaHavePav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Daisy, it depends on how much weight you want to lose a week. The more you want to lose per week, the lower the amount of net calories you can consume on a daily basis.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    If you want it you gotta believe it like Beiber :D

Don't give yourself permission to fail! Take it slow and easy. Find the item in your diary that is contributing the most empty calories and try to replace it with something you can permanently live with, or cut the portion to a size that is reasonable) Do this every two weeks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ75aIQ2o3B42lFJOmEmS86tezwHkcBOjcezkw7kDEgXugmwL5caGD3cA3s
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    If you quit, can I keep your stereo?
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Add supportive friends, like me :)
  • aamtodd
    aamtodd Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mine said 1200 per day but that is probably because I said I wanted to lose 1.5lbs per week (recommended is 1lb per week). As I recall my activity level worked out as light active. I think it is important to have goals to aim for that motivate you. I have my son's wedding in August and I have just entered for our local 10k run in May - have done it before but not for a couple of years. This community will give you lots of support, potentially. I wish you luck - you will feel sooo good about yourself when you achieve your target.
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i work 12 hr shifts - nights and days rotating ... it can be done. It is not easy and requires some major changes and organization but if you want to you can do it. If you mess up start again and keep going. Be honest with your logging. It does get easier :) Attitude is all !!!
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, you need to be positive, believe in yourself ....you CAN and WILL do this! but you have to be ready and doing it for you! Good luck on your journey :)
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    It seems like you're already setting yourself up for failure by saying that you're not going to last long. Change your mindset and be positive instead. There are tons of people here who will give you the support you need but which really helps but the bulk of the work is going to come from you. Only YOU can make the difference that you want to see in you so you need to OWN it. And yes, you can do this and you will be SUCCESSFUL in it!

You also have to realize that this is a slow process - it will test your patience and discipline. Don't expect all the pounds to melt away in a week or so but once you start feeling and seeing the difference, it is the MOST AMAZING FEELING ever! :)

Take it one day at a time my dear and you'll be a healthier version of you before you know it.

Feel free to add me and good luck to us :)
  • Roxieluv
    Options
    For me I have stopped and started a few times in the past few years, but I just made a commitment to myself that i was going to go for the long haul this time. A few things that helped me, was
    1. not stressing over where you want to end up, enjoy every pound you shed and use that as motivation
    2. Effective workouts! I am a turbo Jam fanatic lol..I love it because i sweat alot and it's not to girly..but a 30 min cardio at a high intensity really helps me burn max calories in small time frame
    3. Don't deprive yourself of cravings, just be in moderation, I still have a glass a wine a night and enjoy my coffee and creamer in the morning, just had to prioritize what meant the most to me in my daily life
    4. Be honest with your trackers! It will help you stay focus and be more conscious of what your eating

Lastly, have fun and don't be to militant about it! Your doing it for you so it should make you happy not dreadful :0) I'm new here too so if you need an "encouragement" buddy let me know!! :0) Good luck
  • mejiawm
    Options
    I am in my last semester of Nursing School, because of that I need to work at night and weekends to make ends meet. I go to school full time and have to work 32-40 hours to pay my bills, thats not counting clinical on weekends too. So please don't tell me you cant do it, because it leaves little hope for me. I need this, not to look good, but to control by diabetes as well, I am type two due to weight gained and it is so out of control I have to use an Insulin Pump. So please lets do it for the both of us.
  • BambamvsDino
    Options
    Thank you all for help an advice an ya right. If i stop stressing about what i cant do and think of what i can do then all will be good... I struggle with physical exercise a bit as my health is not 100% tickerdy boo. I do the school run every morning and cleaning. If im working i sleep during the day and then am on my feet most of the night. Will that be enough?
  • Anmariee
    Anmariee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I need to shift the triplets that are not in my stomach lol.... I also work night shifts so this is gonna be a long haul for me....fingers crossed i stick to it longer than 2 months lol any advice?

If you make it a lifestyle change instead of a temporary fix you'll stick with it alot longer. Make changes you can live with. Thats something I've learned on this journey. You can do it and you're not alone. This is a marathon not a sprint... I'm rooting for you and your success :)