Why isn't the reg treadmill listed in the database.

Options
I see "Stair-treadmill ergometer, general" listed as a cardio exercise, but according to my trainer, that is not the regular treadmill that most people use at the gym. It's like the Stair-Master. Why isn't the reg old treadmill there?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Why not just log what you're doing on the treadmill (walking/running)? Unless someone comes along to explain what an ergometer is.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just log it as walking.
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do log it as walking 3.5 mph ...etc etc, but I was just wondering why such a common piece of equipment wasn't in the DB.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I do log it as walking 3.5 mph ...etc etc, but I was just wondering why such a common piece of equipment wasn't in the DB.
    They would have to create different entries for the different speeds, which would just be duplicates of the walking and running entries. Why clog up the pull-down menu, when it isn't necessary?
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Probably because it varies so much. Someone can walk like a turtle on it and someone can run their heart out and it give very different results.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Invest in a heart rate monitor and then it doesn't matter.......I love my Polar F4, never exercise without it!
  • contreeslave
    Options
    For those who are wondering....An ergometer is an exercise machine that can measure your work output.