would love some motivation!! :)

Options
I am 32 years old, almost 33 and a mom of four. I have twenty more lbs to lose and just cant seem to stay motivated. I would love some help and I promise to help motivate in return. My last baby is getting ready to start school and i am going to start college. i want to start this next chapter of my life feeling confident and SEXY!!

Replies

• 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi,im a mum of 4 as well.Bit older then you at 39 , my kids range in ages from nearly 21,15,nearly 14 and nearly 3.Being a busy mum is a recipe for no motivation as once your done being mum, chef , cleaner etc you dont have much left right?? well somewhere deep down that sexy mum is itching to get out so make even 30min per day for you and exercise in some way! even to a dvd will do it and in no time you'll be where you want to be. Feel free to add me as a friend Suzi
  • AleJ33
    AleJ33 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you!! My kiddos are 13, 10, 7, and 3...they keep me so busy with their sports it is CRAZY!!! But I am bound and determined to do this for ME!
  • Lorra32
    Options
    I'm new on here and could also do with motivators. I'm older at 43 and find the weigh is sticking like glue. Wish I'd got fitter younger and as a busy working mum I don't always get 'me' time. Feel free to add me and good luck in your quest.
  • rebeccamichelle
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am new to the FP community mssg boards, I am a little hesitant to join online comm's after having a negative experience with [very popular weight loss program on tv's] forum. They try to get you off the boards as soon as you start to talk about being depressed over at [blankety blank] very lame.

But I think it would do us all some good to be social and stuff. Especially in regards to this journey called fitness.
  • rebeccamichelle
    Options
    So I find that when I finally get around to being ready to lose weight again I get excited from researching the newest idea to try.... this time I am being motivated by trying to do WW (weight watchers) for free at home. Just from doing research and trying to figure out the whole points thing... there are a few good iPhone apps for free that use the WW points system, iLog it, Diet ScanCalc, and WWCalculator are free for now in the iPhone app store.

I am having fun playing with the apps to calculate points, WW calc's say a woman my age (43) should use about 33 points a day for food. Which is fine, I'm excited to try a diet that has such good recipes or so much flexibility.

I have a bit of a challange as far as learning how to be moderate with any type of food and say not feel guilty for having a piece of pizza, and that guilt snow balls into eating 3 pieces. :)

So far from what I've read on WW you can have 1 piece and stay on "plan" so to speak depending upon what the toppings are and such.

I'm sure it's easier to just buy the membership, but I prefer to save money if I can just do a little research on the web and stay motivated without shelling out money every month.

Have any of you tried WW? This is my first time ever really looking into their ideas.

Rebecca