Alright Ive been losing a pound a day

Options
Ive started back up on this site after stopping for a couple of months. I started doing Insanity and have cut down on my calorie consumption with the help of my fitness pal. I have dropped a pound a day for the last four days. Im hoping this isnt from water weight because i work out every single day burning about 500 calories a work out. I'm hoping this continues because i keep reading that eventually it will stop. Anyone else still losing a pound a day even after the first week. Oh and im 21 and a type 1 diabetic on Insulin. 5"6 and 201 pounds as of this morning. I consume about 1450 calories and then add the 500 from the workout and usually im under my calorie goal. I eat the three main meals and then two snacks. Ive cut out mostly diet sodas because i used to drink about 6 a day. Now i have one with lunch or dinner. I also increased my water intake. Hopefully i can continue the pound a day weight loss.

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It is water weight- that happens when you first work out and eat healthy after not doing so for while.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Im hoping this isnt from water weight because i work out every single day burning about 500 calories a work out. I'm hoping this continues because i keep reading that eventually it will stop.

You need to liberate 3500calories to shed a pound of fat. I don't think that happened in a day
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    just dont get discouraged. Insanity is an intense workout, you may actually see weightgain if you have gone from a sedentary lifestyle, but keep pushing, real weightloss will happen.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It's only been 4 days...it's water weight. It will ease up usually after the first week but if you are consistent then it will be a steady loss from there. Good luck
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It will eventually stop. Consistantly losing that quickly is not safe nor is it sustainable. Most people will lose a large amount in their first week.. stop weighing yourself daily. It is a bad habit to get into.

It is water weight... Maybe in a week 1lb of it will be fat. You need to burn 3500 more than you consume to lose 1lb of fat. Weight loss is 99% of the time not always fat losses but a mixture of fat, water and muscle.

With Insanity you need to eat more than 1450 cals.. It is an intense workout and you need to ensure you are properly fueling your body.
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It only lasted about a week and half for me... it started to slow down plus i realized i was eating too little and increased my calories. However, as long as i eat/exercise well i can still lose about 2.5 pounds a week which is still good (but still not all fat!). My calories are only set to 1 pound per week. Also, keep in mind that quick weight loss most often results in failure/ gaining it back. Try to stay patient and make this a positive/ life style change and not just "on a diet." As I am sure many others will also say, weight loss is never linear and you WILL have ups and downs, a pound a day will not last, as good as it feels some of it probably is water weight :grumble: but thats okay it still counts! This has been my experience at least, good luck :smile:
  • jimw1961
    Options
    It is water weight. you increase your water intake, and decrease your sodium. A pound or two after the first week would be good. It 10 weeks, that would put you at 185 or so. I will be happy when I see 185 again. Also, watch that blood sugar. Insulin dependent diabetes with an intense workout can throw you hypoglycemic quickly. Of course, I am sure you know that already.