The 4p till 6pm binge time

Options
Yep, that is my weakness. I am usually tired, only slightly hungry, sore from a work out and being just plain worn out as a SAHM. I wish I could just avoid the kitchen,, but I have to make dinner. Chewing gum works sometimes,, anyother tricks? Mental, physical, any type will be wonderful,, I can usually blow thru 500 to 1,000 cal during this time without thinking twice,, sucks monkey balls!

Replies

• BiohazrD
    Options
    Eat protein, it's significantly more filling for how much you get to eat.

I'm the exact same way after a workout, but a protein shake and a regular sized meal is very satiating and not too many calories.

This definitely depends on your intake though,
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hummm, what about a protien shake instead of a meal? I could sip it while prepping,, and it would be high in protien and sweet?
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm starving right now! And I just ate a can of tuna. Need. Help. Please.
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    Replacing a meal with a shake is pretty standard and usually works really well.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    protein shake or celery and peanut butter is my go-to. i used to hate celery and thought it tasted like soap, but i've learned to love it and will eat a bag in 2-3 days.
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    Yeah... I'm starving right now! And I just ate a can of tuna. Need. Help. Please.

It's partially a will power thing, but you need to control the craving. If you eat more frequent, smaller meals, you'll find yourself less hungry when you do eat and thus less likely to binge.
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    protein shake or celery and peanut butter is my go-to. i used to hate celery and thought it tasted like soap, but i've learned to love it and will eat a bag in 2-3 days.

Peanut Butter is very, very, caloriclly dense. You will go over your daily goals in a heartbeat.

Don't do this.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    tea helps me....that way I can still eat the dinner that I"ve made:)
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    tea helps me....that way I can still eat the dinner that I"ve made:)

This is good advice. Especially if you use green tea.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Easy. Wake up, drink casein protein shake then don't eat until 4.
  • randilious
    Options
    I usually drink a low calorie (140 cals with 20+ grams of protein ) shake around 2:00 in the afternoon and then try to eat dinner around 6:00! the protein shake sustains me quite well!!!
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    Easy. Wake up, drink casein protein shake then don't eat until 4.

While I'm not a fan of casein, this is also solid advice, as long as you can keep yourself from eating for most of the day.
  • imsmonica
    imsmonica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find if I sit down and have a substantial snack ahead of meal prep it really helps me. I either have an apple with peanut butter or oatmeal. Whatever the snack is, for me it's the sitting down and enjoying something vs just popping random things in my mouth. This 4-6 pm is my biggest challenge for sure.
  • kcpope5
    Options
    Hello,

That is a terrible time for me too! Not that I've tried this, but I always thought using teeth whitening strips would keep me from snacking. I know they can be pricey, but you may end up saving yourself 500 calories while you make dinner AND get whiter teeth!

I know it sounds goofy, but I think its a possibility!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a glass of milk when I get home.

Otherwise I nosh on whatever I can find that's handy to eat.
  • sara4159
    sara4159 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sometimes brush my teeth when I don't want to eat. Usually it's in the evening after dinner though.
  • berlys
    berlys Posts: 27
    Options
    I have been craving non stop this whole week!
  • kd2983
    kd2983 Posts: 1
    Options
    why don't you think about rescheduling your whole day's intake?

eating sustaining foods in the right combinations at the right time for your body is important (eg, for me carbs must be paired with fiber or i sugar crash within an hour) but if that doesn't work, maybe you need a different eating schedule.

maybe split lunch into two parts so you get one lunch at 1PM full of sustaining proteiny goodness and second lunch at 3 full of more protein? (an important part of second lunch is coffee/tea. haha)
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas,, the funny thing if I do the 4 to 5 mini meals, like I do for most of the week, the 4 to 6 window sucks. If it is a fast day, the window it managable. I will definately be playing around with this. I love fasting days, and I thought about doing a fast five schedual, but I am a morning exerciser and I want a recovery meal for my body. I will figure this out eventually and have something that works for life, not just the next 2 months!