big setback

Options
Oh no.:sad:

I was on a roll!!!!!! I just made it to 20 lbs lost 2 days ago and now. . . .I have really hurt my knee. I need help here guys.

Here's the situation:

I was bored with my normal workout one day so decided to just mix it up myself while wearing my HRM to get to the number of calories I wanted to burn. One of the things I included were A LOT of innocent jumping jacks. Right. Well, my knee hurt the next day, and has been getting progressively worse since then - about 6 days. I have still been working out, but just been doing my elliptical machine. It hasn't really hurt at all during workouts, but is now locking up a lot and when I bend it all the way something is STICKING OUT!!!!!:noway:

Anyway, it has been giving out a lot today and occasionally feels like someone is stabbing me with an ice pick just to the outside of my knee cap. It is for sure not my knee cap but at this point I am thinking something with the larger tendon that goes all the way from top to bottom right around the knee cap or the meniscus.

Any input? Also, I need some exercise recommendations that burn calories without using my knee.

Thanks guys. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Since it's locking up and something is sticking out.. I would go to the doctor to be safe! You want to know what is really going on, and that's the only way to know for sure.

I hope you get better soon! Also, congrats on losing 20 pounds!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    I think I would have a doctor look at that ASAP. Good Luck.
  • Rhonnie07
    Rhonnie07 Posts: 36
    Options
    Sounds like you cold use a doctor's advise here along with an x-ray. It doesn't sound good. From there he can advise you on what kind of exercises would be good and what not to do.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Def see your physician. It could be you tore something or bone is grinding on bone. BE SAFE and don't work out until you see him/her. You can still lose weight while not working out...
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I think you are talking about your acl. I tore that back in the 6th grade when I tore mine their was a loud pop. If it is hurting you need to go and get it checked out by the doctor. I can't do the elipticall machine because of my knee. You might want to take it easy and find something where you don't really have to bend it.