Another question for the head shavers

Options
stumblinthrulife
stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
Anyone use Headblade? Thoughts?

Also, anyone specifically switch from a Mach 3 to a Headblade?

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I love it ! I've used them for a few years now. I don't remember the last time I had a nick either.

I still use my Fusion for finishing touches to make sure it's silky smooth and glistens :)
  • Knighthawk2112
    Knighthawk2112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never tried one. Still a big fan of the Fusion Proglide Power. I use it with the Art of Shaving products with great success.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Any of you heard of this place?
    http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/select-blade

I too am a Fusion junkie. Man those blades are expensive! Any alternatives? I hate "experimenting". I tried a Wilkinson razor, f-me that hurt! Never again!!!

Edit: Well found the "blades" they send you and its these.
    http://www.amazon.com/Dorco-Plus-Blade-System-Trimmer/dp/B008O82O7C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Price looks great, but...I would love to hear from others. Some people commenting that the reviews are fake... :(
  • PhoenixFitLife
    PhoenixFitLife Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i've been wanting to try Headblade. i saw it on Shark Tank a while back.......But what's the difference between that and my Gillette Fusion???

i need an alternative. my razors just don't stay sharp that long aftering shaving my head and face every day
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    Never tried one, I may look into it. I use my electric, same as the face.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, I just came in to drool over the shaved heads *wipes lips*
  • g0tr00t
    Options
    LOL @ Windy.

Well guys, I ordered the Dorco Pace 6 Plus from Amazon. Meh, $20 and it'll be here in 2 days. If its bad, I'll let the wife give it a try. I'll report back on the results. :glasses:
  • g0tr00t
    Options
    Ok, got the blade from Amazon. Man does it shave CLOSE! I mean, really close! I have noticed its taking me a bit to get used to the angle difference from the fusion. It works, I just need to find the right way to hold it. Once I have it, I can usually shave a smooth strip in ONE pass! I couldn't with the Fusion. I also noticed trying to do it every 24 hours isn't as easy as with the Fusion. It seems to shave better if I wait every other day.

It could just be user learning curve. It does need to be rinsed out a lot sooner than the Fusion. I do it every pass. No biggie. The cost of the blades is sick! 4 blades for $4.50, yeah this thing is staying with me.

Like I said, its worth the $20, but there is a learning curve. I noticed I don't have as much irritation as with the Fusion. Between the two, I see the Fusion as being easier, but again it could be because I am used to it. I should have given the Dorco 4 blade a shot first, but its cool.

If you have the $20 to try it out, I would recommend doing it.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I shaved my head for ~11 years. I used the same razor I used on my face, which for a long time has been the Schick Extreme 3. Between shaving my face alomst daily and my head once every 3 days, I would go through a blade once every two weeks or so.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I have used the headblade but, I really didn't like it too much.
    I have two different razors (different colors)
    One for my face and one for my noggen.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Been shaving for over 20 years. Schick Extreme 3.