NSV- had a physical last week

Options
Last time I was at the doctor, I was 258 lbs on his scale. I had my yearly physical last week, after having lost 52lbs in 5 months. (I was 206 on his scale)

I told my doctor my calorie amount (1200) and exercise (mostly just walking). He did a full blood workup and an EKG. My blood pressure is down enough to cut my medication in half. My bad cholesterol is down, my blood sugar was perfect, my thyroid was perfect, and so were all my vitamin levels (he said vitamin D was actually a little high because I take a suppliment).

I'm going back in 6 months to see if he can take me off blood pressure medicine completely. He said, "keep doing what you're doing!"

I will. :)

Replies

• nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Isn't it wonderful? I've lost less than 30 lbs but I've been able to ditch my blood sugar meds (perfect now) and go to half on my blood pressure pill.
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, congratulations.

Nobody wants to be on medication for BP. Good luck!
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Always good to have other positive changes going on within.
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job. :)
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Praise God! That's awesome! You must be happy!! :D WTG! God bless :)
  • 50Reasons
    Options
    Yahoo. Good for you, you must feel terrific and your body must love you more than ever. There is nothing more important than your health.
  • Evelyn1158
    Options
    Well , I'm just starting again ...after a couple of months feeling too comfortable and not checking in with myself. I enjoy reading how others keep strong and therefore it motivates me to continue. Thanks a lot
  • hudsonsailor
    Options
    Great going. You are doing fantastic and becoming healthier.
  • KetsyBaby
    KetsyBaby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's what it's all about! It's amazing how few doctors will recommend the things you are doing, yet they see the effects themselves. Well done and keep up the great work! :D

:heart: Please Add ME To Your Friends Support Team, I am looking for like minded individuals who are at the beginning, middle, or near goal in their journey to help me stay motivated and positive. I love a great sense of humor! I have a long road ahead of me, and need a good network of friends. :heart:

Ketsy
    40, Female
    GTA, Ontario, CANADA

9159792.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    YAY! Big achievement! Great work and congratulations!
  • shannasaurus_rex
    shannasaurus_rex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a terrific victory! I had my "before" bloodwork done on Dec 31, and I am definitely going to use it to guage my progress as well. Hoping to create a similar success story for myself. Thanks for sharing!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    Way to go. Keep up the great work. I wish you success on your next doctors appointment.
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Definitely good news! I had a physical done in October. My blood pressure was normal, but my cholesterol was sky rocketing! My Vitamin D was also extremely low. I have another physical in April, and I'll see how well I've done over the past few months!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! You are such an inspiration for someone who has just started this journey! Thank you for that.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Good for you! Keep working and you'll be off the meds in 6 months, what a great goal to have for your health and well being.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. it's amazing what adapating to a healthy lifestyle can do. forks over knives is a good documentary, it shows people who switch to a vega lifestyle with exercise, and reverse heart conditions, type 2 diabetes, and get totally off their medication. you don't even need to go vegan for that, just keep doing what you are doing and hopefully you can get off those meds and live a healthy life :] great job!
  • nancyhall18
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING! Love the motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!