Tried Weight Watchers; this is working much better!

Options
I've been on diets forever and have now, at 47, finally figured out what works!! Exercise and tracking; but tracking calories. With WW; I always tended to eat my extra flex points and never lost weight.

Good luck to all of us!!

Replies

• catspurr25
    catspurr25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Funny, same with me. As of 2013 I have given up on weight watchers. The flex points kill my weight loss. Love tracking on this site.
  • AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also tried WW, and I did have results but find this site much easier to use (and cheaper too!)
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i never understood the WW diet. Their food is so super HIGH in sodium, it just makes me retain water. And I always ate back the flex points. MFP is way better!
  • SamiAng
    SamiAng Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear this! I am currently a WW online subscriber, but am cancelling my subscription. Time to tackle this!
  • dumeta
    dumeta Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree totally. I find this much easier than WW. Good Luck!
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've done WW also. Find this site site MUCH easier, more motivating and saves me a ton of $$, I'm getting better results and I don't have to drive to a location every week and stand in line like cattle. Love it!
  • MaxineMarieM
    MaxineMarieM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have to say that WW is not just a diet but a way life. I lost over 200 lbs doing WW. You are right the on line is expensive and that is why I chose to do MFP.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    this site is great and I get better support here than I ever did at WW, and logging food and exercise is so easy
  • SweetSurprise12
    Options
    I like weight watchers but just don't want to spend the money. And to hard to get to meetings with a baby in tow.

Although I never understand why people complain about their food since you eat whatever you want (like calorie counting). I have been on and off weight watchers for years and nobody ever told me to go buy their frozen meals.
  • yellerica83
    Options
    I like the idea of Weight Watchers and I have been a member in their online community. Weight Watchers take a lot of commitment and I have had success in the past with their old points system. Their new system throws me off a bit because of the zero points for veggies and fruit. I want to take into account everything that I put into my mouth therefore MFP is a better fit.
  • briannesmiles
    briannesmiles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yea I started weight watchers may 2011 and lost 36 pounds but since before summer last year, I havn't been able to get past 170. Although I've been able to maintain a weight lost of 33/ 36 pounds, my goal weight was 145. I decided to change to this because my sister has been doing this and lost more weight in half the time. I hope It works for me too because I'm sick of always seeing 170 on the scale and never getting to my goal weight. Its nice to see I'm not the only one getting stuck using weight watchers..it makes me feel like it not just me who is the problem.
  • madamchoochoo
    madamchoochoo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I tried WW, found it ok, a lot of the ladies who work for me swear by it. What im not keen on though is that they seem to exist on loads of diet foods which are low in nutrients and full of artificial sweetners, im not sure how that can be good for you? I've moved onto clean eating and eat loads and the weight is coming off far easier!
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    I also joined weight watchers a few years ago, and it wasnt working at all. And i was paying alot of money to go to meetings each week, and wasnt loosing anything because of the points, soo i finished with that! Would much rather spend that money on a gym membership:smile:
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Much younger than 47!!

I've tried weight-watchers too and found it hard to stick to. This is a much better plan x
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    u look alot younger than ur age , that could get u into trouble with young guys :P
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i am really in no position to judge anyone in what they decide to try to lose weight. and weight watchers has been around for a long time. i remember my mom trying it when i was little. and you do see the success stories. but my argument is. i first of all dont want to pay for a program. and i dont want to be 60 counting and converting points. and i dont want to rely on books and prepackaged foods the rest of my life. mfp seems long term. this is how i really see food and what im doing. calorie content and nutritional content will always be on foods. even when im 60, i can still grab an item and see on the label what it is and what it contains. so in my opinion, this is the best option for me. going into weightloss, i want to make changes for the long term. im not going to pay and make it expensive and give myself reasons to stop and quit later. if you make life into a diet. your going to fail.
  • JustDoItArt
    JustDoItArt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers can help if you get a good group leader and go to the weekly meetings. I think if you were just looking at online WW, them MFP should work just as well and you'll save $40/month. I've been in WW twice, once with a terrible leader, and currently with a great leader. In general, the newest WW PointsPlus system equates to about 40 calories per point so it is not that far from just calorie counting, except that eating plain whole veggies/fruits and some healthy oil doesn't count toward your daily points.

I don't get the complaints about WW food -- WW food is any food you want. Nobody at my meetings has ever recommending buying the WW frozen meals. Sometimes during group discussion someone will mention a new WW or Lean Cuisine meal that they like but the leader never pushes them. I use those frozen meals a few times a week for a convenient lunch at work.
  • pawsnpurrs
    Options
    I bought the WW books and info on line eBay Oct last year lost 18 pounds by end of last year.
    But it was that little tracking book that kept me aware of how much i ate.. my worst weight 278 in 2006
    221 this morning..222 when i started this plan yesterday and a few days ago did drop to 218 but i
    drink too much diet Dr Pepper and the salt shoots up my water weight gain..
    Long story short I am a Cancer survivor , Hashimotos Disease, love walking with my trek poles, my Tai Chi
    exercise DVD..and those funny resistance bungee cords that snap back,,Yipes.. our 14 year old husky just passed from cancer and she was my walk to the park buddy for last decade..so walking alone is strange but bittersweet and spiritual
    at best.. I need to back off the carbs, eat more raw food, drink more water..and cope with turning 60 this year..
    Wishing everyone good luck..i love the food tracking part the best..it runs circles are WW..and shows more info..
    Blessings..Good Luck Everyone..