By My 30th Birthday?!?!?!

Options
I have four kids, I was always able to bounce back to my pre-prego weight (135). Then I started gaining weight about four years ago, I didn't really mind too much, still able to fit to an 10 was not bad, then I got pregnant again, she is 17 months today. OMG! I weighed in at 220, and was albe to go down to only 190 within a week of delivering. The bad news is that this January ( a year later!) I got on the scale and I was up up there 210!. I've been able to loose some weight, 20 lbs from Jan to now, but I still have 55 to go! Overwhelming! (I weight right now, what I weighed when I delieverd my other three!)
I don't want to try any extreme diet that gives quick results that are QUICK to fade, I want to take it off and keep it off! Someone at work told me about this sight, I signed on, but didn't really start until this Monday! I haven't really Lost weight since then, but looking at all the forums, it seems that the motivation is abundant. That's the hardest part sometimes, I love to eat! I didn't realize it until I saw the scale. I find it soooo hard to believe that I'm "heavy" now and find myself getting depressed over it more often than usual. I still have my skinny jeans, shirts, spaghetti straps, but now I'm embarrased to even wear those, my legs haven't seen the sun in over three years now! I really really really want to look my best by 30 (next April). I figured that would be a realistic goal, and since 30 is the new 25, I'm looking forward to it, in a weired sort of way!

Replies

• Live4Adonai
    Options
    I have four kids, I was always able to bounce back to my pre-prego weight (135). Then I started gaining weight about four years ago, I didn't really mind too much, still able to fit to an 10 was not bad, then I got pregnant again, she is 17 months today. OMG! I weighed in at 220, and was albe to go down to only 190 within a week of delivering. The bad news is that this January ( a year later!) I got on the scale and I was up up there 210!. I've been able to loose some weight, 20 lbs from Jan to now, but I still have 55 to go! Overwhelming! (I weight right now, what I weighed when I delieverd my other three!)
    I don't want to try any extreme diet that gives quick results that are QUICK to fade, I want to take it off and keep it off! Someone at work told me about this sight, I signed on, but didn't really start until this Monday! I haven't really Lost weight since then, but looking at all the forums, it seems that the motivation is abundant. That's the hardest part sometimes, I love to eat! I didn't realize it until I saw the scale. I find it soooo hard to believe that I'm "heavy" now and find myself getting depressed over it more often than usual. I still have my skinny jeans, shirts, spaghetti straps, but now I'm embarrased to even wear those, my legs haven't seen the sun in over three years now! I really really really want to look my best by 30 (next April). I figured that would be a realistic goal, and since 30 is the new 25, I'm looking forward to it, in a weired sort of way!
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Good luck to you. This site is great. I have had a couple of babies too, and the weight gain is no fun. I have lost about 20 pounds so far. (5 since I joined this site 2 months ago). I am down to my last 10 to 15 pounds, so it is coming off slowly. I love how logging in your food really makes you think twice about what you put in your mouth. My first week on this site, I had a muffin from starbucks and it was about 600 calories!! Now I know and I will never eat that again. Stick to it!! It really works.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You have found a great site to help you along the way. Make sure you read Mike's Blog at the top to help you navigate the site; and read the Forum Posting Rules under General Discussion or Introduction, and just dig in.
    B
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I know how tough it is to lose baby weight. I had about 60 pounds to lose- but only 40 of that was baby weight. I put on about 20 pounds even trying to get pg (took us a year and I was stress eating big time). Now I am 17 pounds away from my goal weight. You can do it. By they way- I will be 31 this year. My birthday is a milestone as well- I am determined to turn 31 at my goal weight.