Staying motivated?

Options
Hello; I'm great at starting to eat healthy and exercise, but after a week or a little more I get frustrated about tracking everything! I know that I need to track and be mindful of what I eat, but I get so impatient. How does everyone else stay motivated? I need tips!

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with motivation. It has to do with commitment to take action and following through on it. If you sit around waiting for motivation, you will fail. It's simple really. You can stay with it and make the nessesary changes to lose weight and get healthy or you can stay fat and out of shape. Choice is yours.
  • egsviola54
    Options
    I agree about the commitment comment. Also, if you have a smartphone the app makes tracking food way easier, because you don't have to try to remember things at the end of the day.
  • mlm56415641
    Options
    I know this sounds silly but I stay motivated to log things just because I'm curious of how many calories are in things. I also put my skinny jeans out on my dresser and keep thinking how awesome it will feel to fit into them again. You can do it!!
  • WhiteSage13
    WhiteSage13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard to change habits and that needs to be acknowledged. It's like quitting any habit. You just keep at it till it takes. Don't be too hard on yourself and beat yourself up... just keep at it! If you fall off the horse, get right back on! Focusing on what I want and not the challenge helps me. I also magnetically attached a full length mirror on the front of the refrigerator. It makes me stop and think if I'm emotionally eating.
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Motivation is very hard to find, but sometimes motivation isn't always going to be there when you really need it. commitment and dedication is definitely the key. How bad do you really want it?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated by keeping your goals in mind. Write your goals down, somewhere where you can see them everyday. Imagine what you will look like and what you will be able to do once you reach that goal.