Options
Thoughts? Anyone? Go!

Replies

• danibarro
    Options
    Are you considering doing it?
  • 55AngelH55
    Options
    A friend of mine has lost 20 lb in 2 weeks on it. I've got a wedding coming up in 24 days. I have been exercising daily and eating right patiently for the last 2 months, and lost 3 lb. So... yea. I'm considering it. lol I wanted to lose 30 lb for the wedding... so that's 27 to go.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. My husband's whole family did it and it didn't turn out well. They all lost a lot of weight initially but they all gained it back with interest. It also does bad things to metabolism. PM me if you want details.

ETA: Of the 4 women who did it, 3 of them experienced serious hair loss, as in chunks of hair falling out. That's not something you want on your wedding day, I wouldn't think.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.....it is starvation. Do it the right way instead.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Isn't this the diet where you eat 500 calories a day (which is several hundred below clinical starvation levels) and shoot yourself up with some kind of hormone?

Squicky.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Isn't this the diet where you eat 500 calories a day (which is several hundred below clinical starvation levels) and shoot yourself up with some kind of hormone?

Squicky.

Yup that's it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

psuLemon
    MFP forum moderator
This discussion has been closed.