Cheetos :(

Options
I have been eating very health lately (not really restricting myself on anything but just trying to eat tons of veggies, proteins, and health fats), but today, I came home, after dinner, grabbed a bag of Cheetos and finished the whole bag. I don't know what was wrong. I wasn't very hungry but once I started eating, I just couldn't stop until I finish the last chip. It was about 1,430 extra calories for my body and a lot of bad chemicals. I feel really bad right now and reget it so much :(

Replies

• awittrock03
    Options
    Those darn Cheetos are just too delicious. Chips are a weakness of mine. It will be okay, tomorrow is a new day ! :)
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    We have all done that! Hang in there... tomorrow you will eat better. Cheetos are very yummy!:smile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    It's the crack they put in the CheetoDust(R)....gets me every time too. Don't feel bad. Just don't make it a habit.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    It's ok. It's just a day.

Or, you can do what I do. Take your days calories, subtract your TDEE, then average out the difference over the next week. That's your daily deficit( under your TDEE). And you're maintaining! Good for you:)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's OK- you've learned a valuable lesson that cheetos are a trigger food for you. Start fresh tomorrow and it will be ok in a couple days. Don't beat yourself up or restrict the rest of the week or try to burn it off- it will seriously be OK. Just use it as a learning experience.
  • Natasha28
    Options
    Idea: When you get home from the store...open the bag of cheetos...and dump them into multiple sealable sandwich bags. It may help! Just don't go get the other bags of course. I find that this does help me. I'll eat the bag...and if I feel like I need to sit there and eat more...I grab a different bag...one with grapes in it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal?
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Write it off, exercise a little more over the next week, drink a lot of water to flush out all of that sodium and DON'T have Cheetos in the house ever again. Seriously, they are like crack. I used to eat them all the time and since I joined MFP and started cleaning up my diet I stopped eating them them. I don't really crave them anymore.
  • kittymari
    kittymari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day. 2 choices from now, either don't buy anymore, or buy and separate bag of Cheetos, into single serving baggies, then when you want a treat, you will have 1 serving, rather then a whole bag.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    sorry but the word cheetos should never have a frownie face after it, unless its to indicate the bag is empty.
  • JuveMom
    JuveMom Posts: 12
    Options
    Boy...I have a love hate thing with those stupid Cheetos. I did the very same thing a week before I started this. It's ok. You've seen and acknowledged a weakness and the good news is that tomorrow starts fresh! Hang in there we're all here for ya, YOU ARE BETTER THAN CHESTER CHEETO!!
  • MLibby84
    Options
    I agree with link..dont make it a habit, and move on, tomorrow is a new day... we all have our weakness.. nobody is perfect..if so everyone would be a tooth pick.. everyone has that one thing that they do that they wish they didnt..

dont beat yourself up to much, if u must do cardio lol

:)
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day and you'll make better choices! : ) As for Cheetos, I love 'em and have found that baked Cheetos are a yummy alternative to the "real" thing with much less fat and calories (only 100 per individual bag)!
  • Lugi2
    Lugi2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Right now I don't feel as bad :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Right now I don't feel as bad :)

Saw where you said between 1600 and 1800 before the edit.

I'm glad to hear this.

Just chock today up to a mistake or poor judgement. It happens to most of us along the way.

Chin up! It's just one day! :)
  • 1curveem0m
    1curveem0m Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Keep reminding yourself of the progress that you have made and will continue to have. Progress - not perfection! Last night I had 3 chocolate, chocolate cookies, I wasn't hungry. I was baking some for my son and the smell was wonderful. Okay, they did taste REALLY good, I eat 3. I felt a little bad for throwing my day away, but I got up this morning and have had a SUPER day. Clean eating and a little extra water and exercise.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal?

^This. The rest of your diet might be a clue to why it happened.
  • Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have read this thread... Now I want Cheetos! :sad: