must... resist... pizza...

Options
i have a meeting tomorrow and pizza is being ordered. and oh good gracious i know im going to want some. any suggestions for what to bring that is exciting enough i'll be able to say no to the pizza. (im pretty sure if i just bring my regular salad and yogurt i'll end up eating that AND pizza!) Help!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Can't you fit it into your calories? I mean, pizza is pretty good, and if you only eat it every so often, it isn't a big deal.
  • CombatGirl93
    CombatGirl93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If I was in that situation I'd have some pizza...with a side salad!! Had some this evening actually, and it really hit the spot! :)
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree, see if you can somehow swing it into your daily calories and enjoy a couple slices!!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't give up pizza. I still have a slice now and then. But I have one plain slice instead of 3 "meat lovers" slices.

Have 1 slice of plain pizza and a side salad and promise yourself you won't have more than that.

Good luck!
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would have the pizza and just calculate the calories.
  • CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have a slice of pizza with veggies and have your salad after that. Pizza's not all that awful for you as long as it's in moderation. If you still feel guilty about eating the pizza maybe go for a quick walk around the neighborhood after the meeting to burn some calories.
  • c3nterstage
    Options
    i love you people
  • Christinabrooke90
    Options
    I work in a pizzeria!!! I get offered a slice every day it just takes willpower to say no. However, everyone is right! Eat a slice!! A small indulgence won't hurt!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Pizza is the best food, all food groups, just drink red wine with it and call it good.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Have your salad BEFORE the pizza.
  • chocolaty68
    chocolaty68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't deny your craving just don't go over board . Ask if they can order pizza that is white with veggies or just regular pizza with veggies that will help you as well. Drink water with lemon and have a side salad. Or you can eat before the meeting so that your full and take a low cal snack so it wont tempt you.
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I too would opt for a slice or two with salad. Eat the salad first so you kinda fill up. Or if they offer a broth based soup you can try that first. usually if i have pizza I just really watch what I eat the rest of the day.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't, I feel empowered when I make the healthier choice haha, but do what you wannt :) You may very well deserve this pizza!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    1 SLICE...just one...Will not derail any sort of long term plan you have...and it might help prevent you from binging during a weak moment.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I could never give up pizza, its too delicious.
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza like a college kid, at least three times a week and then some, just motivates me to burn more calories because I love the za.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Eat a big healthy meal before hand and drink somewater so you either are too full to fit any in or can only fit in a small amount. Make sure it fits into your calories though
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you can just tell your self that ONE piece will be alright, you'll be fine. Another suggestion, bring your own. Lean Cuisine makes the best "diet" pizzas ever. You're satisfying a craving, without totally wrecking your diet. This is experience talking:smile:
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with most of the people above. HAVE THE PIZZA!!! Just work it into your calories, do a little extra workout if you have to.
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree, can I quote you?:smile: