toning legs.

Options
any recomendations on toning up my legs? my quads are getting there i can start to see the muscle, but its the hamstrings and butt that is hard to tighten

Replies

• belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    any recomendations on toning up my legs? my quads are getting there i can start to see the muscle, but its the hamstrings and butt that is hard to tighten

Deadlifts and kettlebell swing. Both great for the hams and glutes. Also leg press is great if you can remember to push through the heals (targets the butt more)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Walk on the treadmill at incline of 15 for 30 minutes a day. You will feel the burn in no time.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    One leg bulgarian split squats with weight in both hands........can you say donkey booty?
    Romanian one leg deadlifts for the hammies.......you won't walk for 2 days. (use weights in both hands)
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Jogging on incline, and squats! I've seen so many recommendations of lifting too, but haven't personally tried that one.
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    check out the Butt Bible on amazon its 20$ by Pauline Norman(i think her name is) its actually made to tone shape and lift the butt and thighs theres also upper body if you wish to do that too

edit: do a search here on the forums for butt bible results some people have posted their results from doing the program
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i do all of that. i guess its just gonna take time
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    these are killer!!

One leg bulgarian split squats with weight in both hands........can you say donkey booty?
    Romanian one leg deadlifts for the hammies.......you won't walk for 2 days. (use weights in both hands)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Lean Legs: 180* squats, Reverse lunge with kick, Lower body jacks, Cross-back lunge with knee tuck, Pulse squat jumps. Each move for 20 seconds and do the circuit 3 times each day for at least 3 days a week.

Before your shower in the morning: 50 jumping jacks, 5 pushups, 20 crunches, 20 mountain climbers, & 30 second plank, then shower.

& and another lean leg workout...

280700989244776676_j5qdQVdi_c.jpg
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Barbell back squats, barbell deadlifts, calorie deficit.
  • katherinepolumbo
    Options

^this!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

mhmm:flowerforyou:
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i do all of that. i guess its just gonna take time

In my experience women are very often quad-dominant, its a hard one to train out of unfortunately. I find that alot of it is in my head, you need to consiously think about form and engaging the right muscles (espeically glutes). I find it helps to do some effective warm-up exercises and plyos to make sure my glutes and hammies are firing before I start my squats...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My routine, and my legs are really showing progress right now. I mix it up, so not all of them during the same workout. I try to do at least 4 of them per workout though.

Bulgarian split squats, 5x5 or 3x10 heavy as you can handle
    Weighted walking lunges 3x25, mix it up with a medicine ball hip twist, overhead weight, chest-held weight
    Leg Press 3x10 as close to my 1RM as I can get, or 7x10 slightly lower, or drop sets of 1x10 to 1x15 dropping the weights by 20 pounds each set. Drop sets kill me when I'm done.
    Seated calf raise 3x10 heavy as you can handle
    dumb bell or barbell dead lifts, again heavy as you can handle for 3x8 or 5x5
    weighted kick-backs using cables or if your gym has a machine with free motion to allow you to isolate each side individually, 3x10

Sometimes I can't get my hands or arms to cooperate to be able to do deads and squats, but I work around it. I add in machine leg extensions and leg curls when this happens, but not very often.

THEN, always, I use the stationary bike for 20-30 minutes, high intensity (machine set at at least level 10 at 20 mph). The biking can be really hard sometimes when I'm really beat, but it keeps everything loose and I get less pain the next day.
  • KaydaRN
    KaydaRN Posts: 48
    Options
    My favorites for leg days: Deadlifts, Leg Press, hack squat, and my all time fave Walking lunges with a 40-50lbs barbell on my shoulders.... soooo good! When I played football we would do walking lunges (no weight) the length of the field and back.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you have a dumbbell, sumo squats are pretty killer, especially if you hold in the squatting position and pulse a couple of times.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If you have a dumbbell, sumo squats are pretty killer, especially if you hold in the squatting position and pulse a couple of times.

Yeah, they are. I didn't add those to my list, but I do those too. The husband is even doing them now.