Hey MFP! Help this college student spice up her meal plan.

Options
Hey everyone! At school I cook half of my meals in my dorm. Does anyone have relatively quick, easy, nutritious recipes they can share with me? I'll be doing the majority of my cooking on Sundays, and since I have access to a freezer, I am planning to cook enough so that I'll have meals hopefully lasting up to four - five days, or if more, that would be great as well. I'm pretty much down to try anything, and I love anything ethnic. Also, if you know of any recipes with mega protein, that would be great as well since I lift three times a week and am transitioning into winter training for rugby.

Thanks a million! :flowerforyou:

Laura

Replies

• lilwalt99
    lilwalt99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot that you can use?
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! What kind of setup do you have? Crockpot? Stove? Oven? Microwave? Toaster oven?
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask if you have a wok -- stir frys are so fast, and so customizable, you could add more protein when needed, and not when not :)
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I have access to a stove-top, an oven, toaster, and a microwave. No crock-pots allowed :(.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'll cook up a bunch of protein at once (like chicken), then I can use it all kinds of ways for days - on a salad, fajitas, with some veggies, tacos, stir-fries, sandwiches, etc. It'd be easy to bake a bunch of chicken breasts (or whatever you want) all at once.

Or I'll make a big pot of chili or other soup, and have it all week, and sometimes even freeze some.

I also used to make my own frozen dinners (when I lived alone - I cook too much for one person lol), just get containers and portion it all out - protein, carb, veggie. Just don't forget to label it so you know what's in it. ;)

And I do tons of chicken, eggs, and cottage cheese for protein! Or that huge steak I had last night. ;)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
  • Lugi2
    Lugi2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, college student here also! I made a dozen turkey stuffed peppers last weekend, and I have been having them for dinner for the past two days. They are DELICIOUS and HEALTHY (full of proteins, good fats, vitamins...) I have been cooking a lot lately and found lots of good recipes on Pinterest :P
  • stepbystep24
    Options
    I love this website! The recipes are both healthy and tasty.
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I used to live in the barracks I actually had a microwave cookbook that I found on line. It was cheap and awesome.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys! Hopefully I can start cooking more varied meals with all of your suggestions :flowerforyou: