but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

L o v e N e v e r F a i l s.

Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8

No marriage is perfect. All marriages have ups and downs. Sometimes the downs might even seem to out number the ups. But life, and faith, takes compassion. No matter whats going on with our spouse we just have to love them harder, pray for them more. God hears those prayers. It's up to us to be what we want our spouses to be.To set that example. Never be sarcastic (sarcasm burns deeper than most people understand), instantly forgive, and throw yourself into making life better and being kinder to your spouse. Most men will quote the bible and say "a woman is to submit to their husband". I wish they would read further because it goes on to say a man shall ALSO submit to his wife and both shall submit to God. Submission doesn't mean servitude. Submission doesn't mean your a slave. Submission for a woman means she sees her husband as the leader of the household and advises him, and helps him. For a man it means he leads the household while heading the wise counsel of his wife (and lets face it guys are wives are a heck of a lot wiser than us!) and helping her. Then the entire family submits to the wisdom and leadership of God. This all begins with treating your spouse better than you even treat yourself. Does it really matter that much if your spouse forgets to take out the garbage? We should never let anyone run us over but we have to look at whats important in life. Me and my wife do not have the perfect marriage, But when we do argue (on the rare occasions) its because we both want to do the dishes so the other can rest, or we both want to feed the baby so the other can eat dinner. Its all about kindness. It's all about respect. Love doesn't exist with out them.

I am not sure why I had to write this, but God put it strongly on my heart to do so. Someone out there must have needed this. Take what you will from it. I love you all so dearly my beautiful, darling friends, and I want all of you to be happy.

Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow...I really needed that. My husband has been away for 8 weeks on military training and we still have another 6 to go until we are together again. We have been fighting constantly but mostly because we are apart and we are miserable when we are apart. Thank you so much for writing that!! It is exactly what I needed :)
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Thank you brother. I heard a VERY similar message on the radio yesterday after much prayer and it lightened my heart more than I can put into words. Last Friday my hubbby and I celcbrated, via phone, our 16th anniversary. He'll be 35 next week and I'll be 34 next month. He's a non believer, we were a military family for many years, we have four kids, 2 of whom have special needs and we both come from VERY dysfunctional families. We've put each other through every marital heart ache imaginable. Now though, we agree, that if walking through all the fires we've been through was the work to get to the payoff we have now, we'd do it all over again. We are like 16 year olds again, and I really don't see that ever changing. I am so blessed to be married to my very best friend and still be totally in love with him, and he with me. It will only get better once he comes to know the Lord. I am so thankful God put us together, and has kept us together. God put this message on your heart for a reason and I really hope it reaches someone who needs the kind of encouragement we've all needed many times. Have a blessed Sunday :)
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    For anyone interested, an great message that echoes Ed's but is more in depth, and very worth listening to, check out the broadcast from 4/23 on this site. http://www.harvest.org/radio/archives/listing.html?y=2010&today=y#20100422 Very funny, very uplifting and very on target with melding the ideas of submission from the Bible with the application to real life in 2010. I wasn't going to mention this but it might help someone. My husband is working as a contractor in Afghanistan, we have four kids 2-16. Our 2 year old has autism and our 14 year old has been battling depression for about a year. Last Sunday she overdosed while I was in the shower. She's been in a mental facility 2.5 hours away since and I don't know when she'll be home. This was her third attempt in four months. I've been very resistant to quit my job because we are losing our home and nearly lost everything else while my hubby couldn't find work for 9 months. He's always fully supported us and while I know he was trying, I did grow resentful of him. He's been encouraging me to quit working since he left. Thursday night I took our youth Pastor's wife with me to visit my daughter. On the way home we prayed together before dinner and it was awesome! I felt better Friday morning and then, on my way up to see my daughter again, I heard the above message on the radio. It struck me that even though my hubby doesn't believe, so he's not really expecting me to submit as the Bible tells, I was still underminding my love for him. I've been telling him how proud and appreciative I am for the sacrafice he's making to support us but by hanging on to my job, I was taking back all those words. I don't even make any real money now that I have to pay for childcare, so it really is a security issue. Having God show me that was a wonderful moment and I am so thankful. Being free to trust my husband, through God's love and support, is an amazing feeling :) Submission really leads to freedom!!!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great post Ed! I was married to my husband for almost 10 years. We divorced and were apart for two years. We got married again this past New Year's Day and it has been such a blessings. Marriage is hard work but so rewarding! Thanks for the great message!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Ed...thank you. You do not even know how much I needed to hear that today. God Bless.
  • Whiskey5JDA
    Options
    May you always be your wife's knight in shining armor Ed!
  • loriyeager
    Options
    Thank you , Ed! What a beautiful message and reminder to all of us!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Your wife is very blessed to have you in her life! As we are for you sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    is what bwings us togeder todaaay..... Mawwiage, that BWESSED awwangment, that dweam wiffin a dweam....

Sorry... couldn't resist.. :blushing:

now that I've gotten THAT out of my system... great thought, your post reminds me of all the things I love about my hubby. :)
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ed.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I REALLY needed this today as my husband and I argued over $$. It seems sooo silly when I look back. I can say that we have been closer though this afternoon even after arguing. The economy is overwhelming at times right now for alot of people. Your words inspired me. Guess God was talking to you so that you could speak directly 2 me. Thanks Again!!