Tofu shirataki review!!!

Options
Ok guys I went to the health food store today and bought some of these noodles and came home and made the Hungry-Girl fettucini chicken girlfredo. It was really good...you can tell the difference but they are way worth the calories you save. They don't have a flavor, so they are going to taste like whatever you put on them. They are alittle chewy but after the first couple of bites you don't even notice it. I give them 2 thumbs up!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I went to the health food store today and bought some of these noodles and came home and made the Hungry-Girl fettucini chicken girlfredo. It was really good...you can tell the difference but they are way worth the calories you save. They don't have a flavor, so they are going to taste like whatever you put on them. They are alittle chewy but after the first couple of bites you don't even notice it. I give them 2 thumbs up!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

I guess the full blooded Italian in me can't stomach it. I am glad you found it edible though!
  • sotypical
    sotypical Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I still hope I can find some.... two stores later and no luck so far.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble finding them too! But thank you so much for the review! I am looking forward to finally cooking that recipe!

have you (or anyone else?) tried any other recipes from the book?

I have made the chicken pot pie and the taco meatloaf so far...both great and easy to fix.
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    Same here... can't find them. Haven't tried the little health food stores yet.

The nachos and 'dan good chili' in the book were excellent!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    If you can't find those, try soba noodles. They are really different, but very high fiber being buckwheat. Tossed with a tablespoon of peanut butter, sprinkled with chopped green onions and perhaps chopped mint or cilantro, they would be really great!
  • melsworld
    melsworld Posts: 5
    Options
    I have them in my fridge to try!

I have actually planned my menu's for the week---and it includes 4 of her recipes!!!!!!!

I have done the tuna melt, and blt---both awesome!
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    If you can't find those, try soba noodles. They are really different, but very high fiber being buckwheat. Tossed with a tablespoon of peanut butter, sprinkled with chopped green onions and perhaps chopped mint or cilantro, they would be really great!

oooh, that sounds so good. I'm going to put them on my list of things to try. Thanks!:flowerforyou: