What gets you motivated?

Options
I've always struggled with motivation to exercise, not to mention the self control needed to stay away from the junk food!
What sort of things do all of you lovely people use to keep yourselves motivated and on track?
I've heard some people use things like photos of clothes they would like to fit into, or photos from when they were a healthier weight etc so they have something to visualise.

I'm thinking of making myself a "motivation book" so to speak... I will fill it with photos of clothes I wish I could wear, photos of my family and boyfriend to remind me of the good things in my life, and personal experiences that have made me want to be a better, healthier version of myself.

I'd love to know what keeps everyone else on their weight loss journey :) So, what works for you?

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    if I start skipping exercise, I get blind drunk and set traps for myself. try it. I guarantee you wont remember them all. I dont fkk with myself anymore.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    the single digit size jeans and office attire I am in now.... started out in july in size 17's and xl ...now wearing size 8 and smalls in tops -- yep that's my motivation -- that and skinny jeans and knee high boots! WooT!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to be weak, sick or slow is what drives me. It kind of always has. That and sometimes I like experimenting with diets and routines a lot.
  • NVREST
    NVREST Posts: 94
    Options
    The feeling after a workout... the changes that you see slowly happening.. sometimes even the challenge itself to push myself out to the gym.. If I am watching some sports that get my energy high.. to achieve something I have only dreamed about but little by little.. to find better ways to do things.. such as better eating.. better workouts..
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Being sore then next day
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Summer mountain bike races and winter spin classes with yoga pants in the room.
  • beccie1209
    Options
    if I start skipping exercise, I get blind drunk and set traps for myself. try it. I guarantee you wont remember them all. I dont fkk with myself anymore.

What do you mean by traps? What sort?
  • beccie1209
    Options
    Also, thanks everybody!
    You all have amazing motivational tools :)
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    In general exercise always makes me feel better and every day that I can stick to my calorie limit and workout is a little victory for me. And now after seeing all this hard work pay off, I'm even more motivated to keep the weight off. Plus I found a gym and some fitness classes I really enjoy so keeping motivated is usually pretty easy.

I still have my bad days, but I'm more forgiving of myself than I used to be because I now know that even if I gain a little from a bad day, I'm just going to burn it right off again. I like myself now so it's important that I treat myself right. That's the biggest motivation of all.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    the number on the scale.. my size 4 jeans.. the fact that i dont have to hide from cameras anymore.. the confidence I have now

all that keep me motivated
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sore muscles
    Smaller jeans
    My face in photos
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I struggle too...every day is difficult but the feeling you get after a work out or declining that piece of cake is fabulous & I like having that feeling better than sitting on my a** all day or eating cake....sometimes I slip up and am lazy or eat rubbish, but then i'm only human.