water

Options
do crystal light and/or soda water count as water? i have a hard time drinking enough regular water

Replies

• freehold1979
    Options
    Cystal Light count but they still come with minimal calories so I add it in when doing my diary. I would put soda in with my diary but not on my water count. :smile:
  • BeautyNBriefcase
    BeautyNBriefcase Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any non - caloric liquid counts towards the water count (tea, water, seltzer) however if you're drink contains calories add it to your log as well.

Substitue for Crystal light would be '4c sugar free totally light go2'. i drink the wild berry & pomegranate - 0 calories and adds to water count w/flavor.

good luck
  • msxra
    msxra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I count it as water. I also count diet soda as water as long as it is caffiene free.
  • sgilmore0709
    sgilmore0709 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here's something you should consider about anything considered soda (diet soda, soda water, etc.). When you put carbonated products into your stomach, your stomach fills with gas which blows your stomach up. This actually allows you to eat more because your stomach is larger or bloated. Personally, I wouldn't allow anything containing carbonation while dieting.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Here's something you should consider about anything considered soda (diet soda, soda water, etc.). When you put carbonated products into your stomach, your stomach fills with gas which blows your stomach up. This actually allows you to eat more because your stomach is larger or bloated. Personally, I would allow anything containing carbonation while dieting.
    I wonder if you meant to say 'you would not instead of you would'? Probably just a typo as I've heard the same thing on here about carbonated beverages.

I only drink water water, the stuff from the tap and count that. But frankly that's all I drink, I don't buy other products for various reasons. I love love water and what it does for my body, I don't care for artifical chemicals in diet sodas or the other products but hey that's just me.:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • sgilmore0709
    sgilmore0709 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes - a typo. Sorry. I'm right there with you. Water for me. Personally choice. I get a headache when I drink artificial sweetners. Don't really know why but it's true.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Yes - a typo. Sorry. I'm right there with you. Water for me. Personally choice. I get a headache when I drink artificial sweetners. Don't really know why but it's true.
    I figured that's exactly what you meant :)

Yes I've read that's a side effect for many on the fake sugar, headaches and such, I've also read it makes you crave sweets more. Not what I need! lol
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    straight water (H2O) is the best. your body requires H2O to perform it's metabalism. when you add extra ingredients you add stress to your filtration system ie kidneys and liver. So try to get the 8 glasses of of just H2O if you can. don't try to do this all at once. just add a glass every few days until you have made it. good luck and remember it is better to go forward slow than to go fast and fall into reverse lol.