Big BANG Theory

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I love that show! How can Penny afford to live alone, while Sheldon and Leonard are forced to be roomates and share the rent? Since when did a waitress at the cheesecake factory make more than a physicist? I must be going into the wrong field

yeah that does seem a little weird. Sheldon and Leonards apartment seems way bigger than Penny's though. so maybe that has something to do with it?

I always just figured that they moved in together early on when they were still in grad school and needed a roommate and then it stuck because they didn't want to move, Sheldon sort of needs friends to drive him to work and other places, and that they were just saving money.

I think in the episode where Leonard tells Penny how the lift was broken, he moved in when he first got his job at the university. I've often wondered how Penny affords that huge apartment! Maybe her dad pays the rent for her?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I love that show! How can Penny afford to live alone, while Sheldon and Leonard are forced to be roomates and share the rent? Since when did a waitress at the cheesecake factory make more than a physicist? I must be going into the wrong field

yeah that does seem a little weird. Sheldon and Leonards apartment seems way bigger than Penny's though. so maybe that has something to do with it?

Hmmm..true. However, the cost of living in CA is pretty outrageous for even the smallest amount of sq. ft, so I just don't understand how she can still afford to swing the rent alone

I havent seen much of the recent episodes but it seemed like in the past Leonard helped Penny with rent and other stuff every once and while. that could be another factor. And she mooches food off of them a lot too so she doesn't have to pay as much with food bills haha.

I know guys with plenty of money that have roommates just because it gives them someone to play video games with, I think.

ETA: single guys.
    ^This.

My husband will gladly confirm that theory.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    aw, BBT - my favorite.

<3 Shelly.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options

Hmmm..true. However, the cost of living in CA is pretty outrageous for even the smallest amount of sq. ft, so I just don't understand how she can still afford to swing the rent alone

I havent seen much of the recent episodes but it seemed like in the past Leonard helped Penny with rent and other stuff every once and while. that could be another factor. And she mooches food off of them a lot too so she doesn't have to pay as much with food bills haha.

I know in a past episode Sheldon lent Penny money for her bills and Leonard helped her cut different costs. Also Curt paid her back the money that he owed her. And really, they eat a LOT of take out and you know thats costly!
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    Anyone feels they are dragging the whole Leonard Penny off-on romance? i dont care anymore if they get married or not.I am much more curious about Sheldon.

Yeah, there's only so many times that you can break up a couple and put them back together. I love how Sheldon has grown over time, but still has some of that innonce so to speak. Note that since Sheldon has been in a relationship with Amy that Leonard's mom hasn't came around....I wonder what would happen if she did

Honestly I can't wait to see more about married life with Howard and Bernie.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    2. Amy hadn't been sick enough to get the real sponge bath.
    [/quote]

if you remember though, Amy showed Sheldon her "bikini wax" in the backseat of a car and he made comments about the cuts instead of having qouitas....however you spell it lol
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like how how many people think they're a nerd or a geek purely because they watch that show
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    PS. Kunal Nayyar, who plays a guy that cannot even talk to women sober, is narried to Miss India in reality and is also a handsome man as a single guys POV (i'll let you ladies decide if I am wrong)

kunalnayyar.jpg

kunal-nayyar-7-660.jpg
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, Big Bang Theory is a great show! I love Sheldon, and, being a physicist myself, I recognize a lot of his quirks in many people I know! "There, there" with a pat on the shoulder has become a sort of an inside joke at work whenever someone's frustrated.

I'm also impressed they're doing such a good job with the science itself in the show, the whiteboards in the background have often stuff I see in scientific talks and it's so weird and unexpected and strangely satisfying - I remember once Sheldon intimidating some poor students and the whiteboard behind him had stuff we were discussing at work just a few days ago, and it made me jump out of my seat and stick my face to the tv trying to get a good look at the board :laugh:
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love BBT!! those are my favorite episodes too! I also love when Sheldon hugs Penny after giving her 2 dozen gifts baskets lol

That part killed me. It was so sweet and out of character for him. I love that episode.
    My fav episode too x look Sheldon's hugging me!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Taunto beat me to it, Raj is a pimp in real life.
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love BBT!

Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock!

Soft kitty.

I kind of have a thing for Leonard. He's on my hypothetical list of celebs I would be 'allowed to cheat with' by OH. :laugh: :love:
  • celestialbadger
    Options
    worse show ever(okay maybe not ever.)

I "snort with derision and throw my arms in the air, exhausted by your constant tomfoolery".
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, Big Bang Theory is a great show! I love Sheldon, and, being a physicist myself, I recognize a lot of his quirks in many people I know! "There, there" with a pat on the shoulder has become a sort of an inside joke at work whenever someone's frustrated.

I'm also impressed they're doing such a good job with the science itself in the show, the whiteboards in the background have often stuff I see in scientific talks and it's so weird and unexpected and strangely satisfying - I remember once Sheldon intimidating some poor students and the whiteboard behind him had stuff we were discussing at work just a few days ago, and it made me jump out of my seat and stick my face to the tv trying to get a good look at the board :laugh:

they have a realy good physicist doing the boards and writing the scientific part of the script...
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If Sheldon and Amy have sex it means the show will start going downhill...
  • bodypumpfan
    bodypumpfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. He hasn't been drunk long enough to secure a relationship

2. Amy hadn't been sick enough to get the real sponge bath.

1.he did have that deaf girl for a while
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    That is the best show on TV right now, IMO.........
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options

Hahahah loved that episode!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

It IS exhausting
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I love this show! Sheldon and Amy wouldn't know how to hook up. Awkward!