Do you take CLA?

Options
Does anyone take CLA? It's a dietary supplement, Conjugated Lionleic Acid. It's claims is that, over time (as in months) it helps to eliminate pure body fat when you have a workout plan. I bought it last year but wasn't as active as I am now (due to ankle reconstruction :/ ) but now trying to get back to actually working out and being physical. The GNC salesperson spoke highly of it and told me to try it. Of course he said it would take a while but would help 'burn' body fat. The bottle claims: "Maintain lean muscle mass, supports healthy body composition, and enhances your diet and supports your metabolism."

Main ingredient Safflower oil.

Opinions?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Took it last year. It worked extremely well as long as I was working out in a calorie deficit. Stopped taking it. Continued the calorie deficit. Kept losing weight
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.

I would not trust GNC salespeople at all - they will try to sell anything.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I used it for about a month , 3 pills a day ,, I didn't notice any "real difference " in weight loss .
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Took it last year. It worked extremely well as long as I was working out in a calorie deficit. Stopped taking it. Continued the calorie deficit. Kept losing weight
    It was the deficit son.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    my trainer said don't bother just buy decent grass fed beef steak and eat the fat you'll get all the CLA you need
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    No, waste of money.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Science says no.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It was the deficit son.

Good catch by you! Nothing gets by you, dad.

Except sarcasm