how often

Options
How often do you weigh yourself. I just started....I am 138 and I want to drop down to 115.

Replies

• jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself. I just started....I am 138 and I want to drop down to 115.

I weigh myself every 3-7 days. Doing it daily you may see the results, but some people fluctuate quite a bit from day to day, so yeah... What is a better measure (if you're also doing weights - which is more recommended than cardio for weight loss) is body measurements.
  • mariaspink
    Options
    Once a week is the best way then you can actually see the difference.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Once a week no scales at home no temptation!::happy:
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates during the day by up to three pounds so I never weigh myself other than
    first thing in the morning naked or
    before and after exercise as want to check amount of fluid I lose

For my weekly weigh in reported it is clothed as nurse not particularly interested in my naked body.

Good luck
  • shirleycooke35
    Options
    Once a week - first thing in the morning. Also a good idea to find a skirt or other piece of clothing that is tight on the waist-band - if it becomes slacker you are losing weight!
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    However you are tracking your progress, use the same tools each time - even if it's off, it's a better gauge then using different scales or fat readers
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Every 30 days or so give or take. The scales are at the local boots store up town so it's a matter of remembering to do it when I am out shopping lol.